Washington Valley Park (CR) TM Sat 11/22 9am

AL.

Does more trail maintenance than you, without a he
I cut out off tm early thanks to everyone who was out there the trail end up looking great.Took a ride this morning climbing is easier then i thought.Coming down the first turn into the switchback is tight but everything is rideable.

rick81721

Lothar
I cut out off tm early thanks to everyone who was out there the trail end up looking great.Took a ride this morning climbing is easier then i thought.Coming down the first turn into the switchback is tight but everything is rideable.

Yeah anxious to ride it and great meeting you guys. How's the 4th turn going down, any issues with the dropout behind it?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
THANK YOU!!!

Just wanted to thank all those that came out to help. This was a difficult project. We wanted to replace an old school nasty fall line trail. We had a very narrow and steep corridor to work with, with a drop off on 1 side & a rock wall on the other. We ended up having to do 5 switchbacks, not easy work, also a ton of benchcutting & a lot of moving rocks around by hand. I think this project came out better than expected. That said, after some feedback we plan to do a couple of small adjustments to make it ride a bit better. Also wanted to give a shout out to High Tech Landscapes, for again supporting our efforts and sending some workers to help knock this out. We could not have gotten this done without them. Also a quick thanks to JORBA Mick for getting us some extra tools that were sorely needed.

We have another session planned for Dec 6th. Please come out and help if you can.

Attachments

• IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1946.JPG
    IMG_1946.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1949.JPG
    IMG_1949.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice work Kirt but where are all the ROCKS? ;)
You sure this is Chimney Rock?

Thank you to you and all your crew..

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks good, that old climb sucked.

Carson has the 6th off but is desperately looking to switch shifts with someone.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Awesome Kirt! That reroute was definitely much needed. I'll try to make it out 12/6.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions