**Warning: Road wenie Content**

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
So now that we have winter.. I am thinking of spring.

So a friendly poll..

1.)If you were looking to buy a road bike and money was no object what would it be???????? (Brand, Model etc..)

2.) If you were looking to buy a road bike and you had to use your current budget what would you choose?? (Brand, Model, etc..)

J

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's up with your font erraticism, man?

I don't plan on buying a new road bike so I don't have a stock response. But I would likely look at Specialized for my next bike. Currently riding a Trek.

jdog

Shop Keep
What's up with your font erraticism, man?

I don't plan on buying a new road bike so I don't have a stock response. But I would likely look at Specialized for my next bike. Currently riding a Trek.

I love fontiness..
You don't have a dream bike?? :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not really. I just ride my bike. When it breaks I buy a new one.

PedalPaddles

Lottery money:

Seven Elium Race

Drive Train: Dura Ace
Cranks: FSA compact carbon cranks
Brakes: Zero Gravity
Wheels: Bontrager Race XXX Lite Carbon
Headset: Chris King
Bars: Easton carbon
Seat: Fizik Aliante
Pedals: Speedplay Zeros Ti
(after market ceramic bearings for bottom bracket, pedals and hubs)

I would probably need a Porsche Cayenne to carry it in as well.

Current budget

Specialized Tarmac or Roubaix with Ultegra package.
I'll put it in the back of my Subaru with 190K miles.

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
I dont have a dream road bike because I havent been on one or know enough about frames/manufacturers to pick. Having said that, my first roadie will be either a Cannondale or specialized, maybe even a Klein if any are still around. Somewhere in the 1500 to 2000 range, give or take a few bucks.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
tough question

Difficult me for to pick a builder, though a few immediately come to mind as candidates. Impossible to argue with Moots, Serotta, and Seven for titanium fabrication, which my "dream frame" would almost certainly be. Steel opens the door for Pegoretti, Vanilla, Steelman, and a host of others.

A big element of the dream bike would be having it made to measure. I have short legs, long torso, and am pretty flexible, so getting an ideal fit on some stock geometry frames is difficult. I also am intrigued by the possiblity of working with a frame builder to tailor the ride of the frame to match my weight and riding tendencies.

Currently on a Moots, so I'm lucky enough already. Their stock 56cm fits me very, very well.:)

ryderX

I'd stick with my '06 Giant OCR-1, which is full carbon with a full carbon fork and steerer, FSA carbon cranks and a 10 speed DuraAce drive train. Though I would spring for a new set of the Mavic ES Ksryium wheels. (which is my actual plan)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
dream would be vanilla made fixed gear frame fork with canti brake, bottle, rack and fender mounts and clearance for 40mm tyres. philwood hubs and bb, king headset, vanilla lugged stem mated to titanium equivalent of surly torsion bars. magura hs-33's. brooks swift. not sure for cranks... edit: either the new white ind. or pauls cranks.

settle on current 'budget' would be surly steamroller, noname stem, torsion bars, magura hs-33's and everything else switched over from current fixie.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop Keep
I'd stick with my '06 Giant OCR-1, which is full carbon with a full carbon fork and steerer, FSA carbon cranks and a 10 speed DuraAce drive train. Though I would spring for a new set of the Mavic ES Ksryium wheels. (which is my actual plan)

I sold a bunch of those last year. Great bike for any mt biker. The wheels will make it a bit snappier and certainly lighter.

The stock wheel (elites i think) are actually more comfortable to ride.

The steel spokes give a bit more.

Top Bottom