WARN NJDEP

JORBA Stephens

Quads and unauthorized motorized use Destroying trails at Stephens. Call 877-WARN-DEP, or use the app WARN NJDEP. Answer all the required fields, do it if you see trail damage or hear them, you can do it afterwards as well.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Serious question
Has this worked or help at any time?
I have reported quadtards yet they are still here and increasing in use.

I witnessed large moto group based at pub517 at noon on a sunday. Was told 3 weeks in a row this occured, surely state must know or have heard. Clearly the church allows quads on their property so why not send the park police there for a start. Do they actually go out an investigate? Do you have proof that they show up? Like everything else in this state I do not trust mine or our voices are being heard. I understand there is a number to call but unless there was a serious situation I am doubtful these people show up. I tried getting hold of them about the bear trapping and ended up having to go through state police who did show and waited for parks police for an hour and half later. Not blaming the actual parks police because I am sure they are spread thin but seems to me you may have better results calling local or state police to render the situation in a timely manner.

serviceguy

To me a clear hint of why NJDEP doesn't seem to be effective in these cases is that the very first question "Type of Incident / Complaint" you're being ask doesn't include among the available answers 'Illegal Use of Motor Vehicle' , sounds like they extended the use of an existing tool to report incidents not originally covered by it and did not even give a second to think if it needed to be modified in order to do so effectively. The questionnaire is clearly oriented to illegal dumping, spillage or contamination of some sort rather than deliberate, recurring illegal recreational activities. Doubt any additional resources were allocated either. I know, call me Captain Obvious...

UcI.gif

JORBA Stephens

More intel will help, ie. locations as to where they are entering....

Yes the app is mostly geared towards dumping. So the answers have to be "other" and the best available.

More info and more reports will help to bring the park police in and it's what we can do. (outside of direct interaction ... not really recommended).

ryderX

I captured a very nice video today of 4 people on 3 quads enjoying the beautiful spring weather in Stephens. Where should I send the video ?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
but theres no mention of if he was riding illegally or it he would be fined for it . . . . unless i missed it somewhere.
And if he was under the influence 1am kinda is a give away. Backstory goes previous jorba rep in mooch came upon a rider in mooch years ago an the the atv rider whipped out his badge like he had permission to illegally ride his atv in a state park. The attitude of the "rules" apply for thee but not for me attitude.

ryderX

And if he was under the influence 1am kinda is a give away. Backstory goes previous jorba rep in mooch came upon a rider in mooch years ago an the the atv rider whipped out his badge like he had permission to illegally ride his atv in a state park. The attitude of the "rules" apply for thee but not for me attitude.
This was my point.

I thought maybe he was in Stephens State Park or at least mooch , but he was a half hour away. That is a strange flex , but glad you are happy.

Carruz27

57E11FCD-31F1-480C-850D-4A3792AA9849.jpeg

On left of Pink coming over from The Maze before heading up Tally Hoe today. Also noticed a camo trail camera on left just before Tally Hoe pointing towards this literary gem. Not sure who the camera belongs to but it’s attached to the tree with the park sign stating “no motorized vehicles”.

For sure there’s a few pics on that cam of me staring at this and shaking my head in disbelief.

Jeez!

mtn

And as an FYI, my dog and I had an extremely close near death experience last night at Stokes with a driver. I’ve directed traffic a a couple hundred accident scenes, yet this took the cake. Either way, we survived by a miracle and I immediately called warn dep. dispatcher picked up, I gave him info, and the park policeman called about 15 min later as he was entering the area in question. It was too late unfortunately as the driver was speeding at about 40-45mph in a 25. Point being, it has to be right place at the right time. But they are out there trying.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions