WANTED: V-brakes (F&R)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I'm looking for a set (front and rear) of V-brakes, LX or better. I'm looking for the ones that uses a four bar linkage system to deliver the brake pads to the rim. I know the XTs and XTRs are like that. I'm not certain if the LX is like that too. I just don't want the kind where the pad is mounted right on to the arm. Having the noodles helps, too, but not a must. So if you have a set laying around collecting dust I'll take them off your hands. I'm kicking myself for selling a set a few months back.

Let me check when I get home, but I'm 99% positive I have a pair of XTs in my basement.

-Jim.

ha, learn something new every day.

XT/XTR pads contact the rim parallel and avids don't.

Well, your call if you must need the XTs or not. My avids will be right here. Just been lazy to list.

ha, learn something new every day.

XT/XTR pads contact the rim parallel and avids don't.

Well, your call if you must need the XTs or not. My avids will be right here. Just been lazy to list.
Thanks. I'll see what Jim comes up with first. I'll let you know either way.

I have a set of XTs here. I have the bolts and extra pads for both pairs, but no noodle.

-Jim.

Don't the XT's squeal like hell? I had a set a few years ago on a steel hardtail that I couldn't silence. I switched to a set of Avid SD7's.

Back
Top Bottom