Wanted to borrow-long-ish range walkie talkies?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cell service is marginal by the enduro run and @UtahJoe and I need reliable comms. It’s maybe within a mile or less? @shrpshtr325 is working on a solution but if anyone (preferably North Jersey) has something good we can borrow it would be appreciated. TIA!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I think I have something. We bought race radios for an event that never happened. Let me see if they're still kicking around the shop.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have 8 talk-abouts. 1 mile easy - 3+ miles line of site. New rechargeable batteries.

Although i'm in CNJ - wherever that is.

roc

I have a bunch of those old Nextel radios, we used to use them skiing. when do you need them? I‘lol check the basement to make sure i have them.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I have something. We bought race radios for an event that never happened. Let me see if they're still kicking around the shop.
Keep me posted?

@Patrick Central Jersey doesn't exist. This might be a good option Thx!

@roc Let me know if you find them, I assume they don't need some sort of service to run?

Basically I think we're going to grab everything that's available and make sure we have a bombproof solution. Thx all.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Keep me posted?

@roc Let me know if you find them, I assume they don't need some sort of service to run?

Basically I think we're going to grab everything that's available and make sure we have a bombproof solution. Thx all.

@extremedave

the talkabouts are the same as what we have been working with already . . .

roc

Keep me posted?

I’ll take a look, no service needed.

roc

Keep me posted?

These are the not the ones I was thinking of, but they do work. I think my daughter radio'd me from the bus from a decent distance. It was a while ago. I work in Boonton and could leave them in a mailbox if you're around that area. Whatever works, if you'll be anywhere near the Rockaway river golf course today just PM me, you could grab them, if you want.

Attachments​

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 39

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
These are the not the ones I was thinking of, but they do work. I think my daughter radio'd me from the bus from a decent distance. It was a while ago. I work in Boonton and could leave them in a mailbox if you're around that area. Whatever works, if you'll be anywhere near the Rockaway river golf course today just PM me, you could grab them, if you want.

Attachments​

I have two of these also. Will check

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm assuming with all the responses you won't need ours?
Sorry didn’t check the board last night. Wasn’t sure if you found yours. We are still having range issues. If yours are badass we could still use them.

could you post a pic maybe?
Thx Jim!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They look like the dual band field programmable version of what we have. But if you can get your hands on them it can't hurt to try

Top Bottom