Wanted light for helmet.

RobW

@TimBay you won’t be dissatisfied with that. I use the 650 in those woods plenty of time and on the road... you may feel like you’re a mother starship riding with the glow around you but you took the right route.. with the helmet.. corded will be annoying when the wires get cold and start banging into everything..

TimBay

@TimBay you won’t be dissatisfied with that. I use the 650 in those woods plenty of time and on the road... you may feel like you’re a mother starship riding with the glow around you but you took the right route.. with the helmet.. corded will be annoying when the wires get cold and start banging into everything..
What do you use on the bars? I was thinking of going full L&M. Mayne the trail 1000 for the bars then a 650 amd have the 500 as my emergency light so that all are interchangeable. Idk

Wolfjon

Hey guys I figured I should update my finding as well for you.. So I have now down two night rides with a Lezyne 1500i on my handlebars and the Urban 500 that is on clearance at REI on my helmet. My son is running the same Urban on his helmet but he has a Niterider 1000boost on his bars. The 1st ride was about 45 minutes on Oreland trail in wildcat. and the second ride was a little over an hour at Dickerson mines. All the lights were on between low and high depending on our speeds and at no point did either of us feel like we did not have enough light to enjoy the ride. Actually we were not really moving that fast or it did not seem so but we had some PR's according to Strava. Time will tell how these hold up in the long run but all three brands at the slower speeds we run are fantastic.

pygmypony

just seeing this thread now....thought i'd throw in my two cents...i've been a big fan of the L&M lights for a few years now for my daily pre-dawn/nite time commuting and trail riding.

i just picked up the TAZ 2000 and holy crap is that MFer bright! i use that on the bars and a L&M Trail 1000 on my Bontrager Rally helmet. the helmet has a handy magnetic doo-dad that you mount a light to using a go-pro mount. it's really great for trail riding, since it will release if you hit a low hanging branch or something.

TimBay

just seeing this thread now....thought i'd throw in my two cents...i've been a big fan of the L&M lights for a few years now for my daily pre-dawn/nite time commuting and trail riding.

i just picked up the TAZ 2000 and holy crap is that MFer bright! i use that on the bars and a L&M Trail 1000 on my Bontrager Rally helmet. the helmet has a handy magnetic doo-dad that you mount a light to using a go-pro mount. it's really great for trail riding, since it will release if you hit a low hanging branch or something.
I have the same helmet. Stoked to finally get that magnet thing on. I didnt get to ride this morning due to the rain, but am going out tomorrow evening with a pal, so that'll be my first ride with lights.

CommandoStyle

Another well known MTB forum just did a light review, L&M Taz 1200 was mentioned as having the best beam pattern. Not mentioned in the article is that they are currently on sale for $100 (from $130) on L&M website. I'm close to getting more lumens.

Top Bottom