Wanted: Easy single track for my 10 yr. old son

Wobbegong

The trails at Mercer Park closest to Hughes drive are the most kid friendly. Not many roots and super flat.

tim.stevens

How about Chimney Rock

I take my 8 year old son there regularly. He just turned 8 end of June. He can ride everything except the switchback climb on the orange trail and the initial climb on the yellow trail.

Chimney rock is great because of the variation in trails. White is smooth and easy...good for a rest. And red and blue are great to get the kids into real mountain biking (some climbing) that they are able to make. He actually prefers chimney rock to 6 mile run.

After words my son gets rewarded with a big ice cream cone from Gabriels (sp?) just down the road.

Tim.

BiknBen

I take my 8 year old son there regularly. He just turned 8 end of June. He can ride everything except the switchback climb on the orange trail and the initial climb on the yellow trail.

What??? The olympics are in two weeks. There may be space for him.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I take my 8 year 's old son there regularly. He just turned 8 end of June. He can ride everything xcept the switchback climb on the orange trail and the initial climb on the yellow trail.

Chimney rock is great because of the variation in trails. White is smooth and easy...good for a rest. And red and blue are great to get the kids into real mountain biking (some climbing) that they are able to make. He actually prefers chimney rock to 6 mile run.

After words my son gets rewarded with a big ice cream cone from Gabriels (sp?) just down the road.

Tim.

haha I road CR when I was 7, but that's my back yard. And to make you guys feel worse, my dad rode those trails on a 1980's Raleigh road bike! :getsome::getsome:

J

jhollens

Thanks for all the great recommendations. I think will just have to try them all.

We have had many rides on the back trails at the Saddle River county park (Its right around the corner from my house). I think he's ready to move up to next level. We'll have to take the hour drive to Kittatiny and Stewart. I'm sure we'll have a blast on those trails, and eventually we can ride them all.

Thanks for all the suggestions...:)

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
I've witnessed it.

Tim.

I ride with Tim and his son all the time - the kid tears it up at CR -- and 6 mile -- and Hartshorne. I'm telling you, this kid's got skills.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I spoke with the super at Ringwood yesterday, and establishing a marked, easy, family friendly, short loop, near lot C, is on our plans for next year.

Top Bottom