Wanted: Downhill Bike - Large

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
$3k. Could go a bit higher for the right bike.
Plenty on pinkbike within driving distance in that price range.

Also If I were you I would be definitely giving the Ripmo AF a look. These long travel bikes have become the norm for the younger crowd especially if your boy likes hitting jump lines. These are much easier to throw around and can take a beating. Plus is you can still have fun as trail bike locally. Ripmo AF is 3k new and comes with DVO suspension.

Last edited:

Turbotrix

Plenty on pinkbike within driving distance in that price range.

Also If I were you I would be definitely giving the Ripmo AF a look. These long travel bikes have become the norm for the younger crowd especially if your boy likes hitting jump lines. These are much easier to throw around and can take a beating. Plus is you can still have fun as trail bike locally. Ripmo AF is 3k new and comes with DVO suspension.

Thanks for the info. I've been looking on Pinkbike and I have a few that I plan to check out next week. My son has a Mojo HD4 which is great for all of the local riding. I really want to get him a dedicated DH rig for the upcoming season.

mitchupitchu

Thanks for the info. I've been looking on Pinkbike and I have a few that I plan to check out next week. My son has a Mojo HD4 which is great for all of the local riding. I really want to get him a dedicated DH rig for the upcoming season.
Nice Dad... Are you looking for more children?

Danimal

How tall are you? I have a really sweet norco aurum in size medium

Attachments

• 20190412_161515.jpg
    20190412_161515.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 28

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a transition tr 450 medium
pm @JimN

giphy.gif

Turbotrix

Needs to be a large. Too many mediums out there.
If I went with a SC V10 he'd most likely need an XL. They run a little small

oobaa47

Needs to be a large. Too many mediums out there.
If I went with a SC V10 he'd most likely need an XL. They run a little small

Look at the reach, wheelbase, and other metrics. What's a medium with one company, might be a large for another. For example, I have a 2015 Giant Glory in a size large. It was the biggest production-made large out there at the time. It would be equivalent to every other company's XL.

Top Bottom