Wanted - Comfortable Saddle/Seat

cesariolucas

Looking for comfortable bike saddle/seat. Giant Romero would be great fit or anything else that is not to hard to ride. For the wifey.

qclabrat

@cesariolucas
Usually, female saddles differ from males being slightly wider, but don't make that assumption for everyone. Everyone has different sit bone widths, though women usually have wider sit bones than men. The term comfy is very subjective. Is her saddle not comfortable because she just started riding? It usually takes a few weeks for new riders to get used to sitting on a bike. Soft comfy bouncy seats tend to be more uncomfortable in longer rides as they do a poor job of supporting a riders weight. If this is the case give it a few more weeks before upgrading. btw, which bike and seat is she using now? It could also be the bike setup causing discomfort

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I went the SQLabs route by measuring my sit bone width and getting the appropriate sized one from them. Worked great on my 108-mile (98.98 miles according to Strava) ride. Very important to note that soft doesn't equate to comfortable, maybe for short rides but certainly not for long rides.

Top Bottom