Wanted: Bike for wife.. Hardtail, 16-17"

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Looking for a bike for the wife... doesn't have to be WSD. She's 5'5" so a 16, 16.5 or 17" should be fine. We'd prefer the 16 or 16.5 though... a little less bike for her to throw around (she is very athletic though)

Used or New is fine..... Don't really have a price range, it all depends on the bike I guess. Ideally i'd like to spend around $300-$500, but would go higher for the 'right' bike.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
We're looking at HT's due to our price range and the type of riding we're expecting to do... basically figuring that we'll get more bike for the $$, and since we'll be riding Allaire and Clayton 99% of the time she wouldn't utilize the FS bike.

... but i'd also hate to see a nice FS bike collecting dust...:D..what model dakar do you have and how much do you want for it? :hmmm: (edit- you can PM me if you dont want to post it)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
We're looking at HT's due to our price range and the type of riding we're expecting to do... basically figuring that we'll get more bike for the $$, and since we'll be riding Allaire and Clayton 99% of the time she wouldn't utilize the FS bike.

... but i'd also hate to see a nice FS bike collecting dust...:D..what model dakar do you have and how much do you want for it? :hmmm: (edit- you can PM me if you dont want to post it)
My wife has this bike for sale: http://mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13299
She's about the same hight as your wife so it should fit her well.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Thanks guys.

Tony, i'll let ya know... maybe we can hook up one day so she can test ride it. I'm just worried that the 15" frame might be on the small side for her. But that may be a good thing with the type of riding we do and that she stands up most of the time.

Oh... and her inseam is about 30"

tonyride

Thanks guys.

Tony, i'll let ya know... maybe we can hook up one day so she can test ride it. I'm just worried that the 15" frame might be on the small side for her. But that may be a good thing with the type of riding we do and that she stands up most of the time.

Oh... and her inseam is about 30"

My wife has a 30" inseam also. Just let me know what you want to do. In the meantime I'll put regular mountain bike tires and saddle on.

elsanto

I have a 16.5" Trek 8000 FS. 150.00 OBO Or trade for something really neat?

its been Ridden extensively and is not new by any means.. but it is an extremely light and bombproof frame with Decent components XT rear der, new shim crank/bb.

pm me if interested, I'm in plainfield.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I had the pleasure of meeting Cynthia tonight. She took good care of my wife and hooked us up with a beautiful bike :D

Not 10 minutes after I got home and had it all dried & cleaned up (it was raining out) my wife was sitting on it with a huuuuuuge smile on her face. She absolutely loves it.

One of the first things she said was "can we make it 1x9 like yours?" and of course she wants a cool matching "blue" bashguard. I love it, because seeing her that excited means she's going to love riding it.

She also said she's going to make a username and join mtbnj.. which is great because I would love for her to meet some of the ladies on here and make some new friends. Not to mention have some other people to go riding with since it will be hard for both of us to hit the trails at the same time with the newborn.

And of course, the most important part of any thread:

SpecializedFSRex002.jpg

SpecializedFSRex003.jpg

SpecializedFSRex004.jpg

tonyride

I had the pleasure of meeting Cynthia tonight. She took good care of my wife and hooked us up with a beautiful bike :D

Not 10 minutes after I got home and had it all dried & cleaned up (it was raining out) my wife was sitting on it with a huuuuuuge smile on her face. She absolutely loves it.

One of the first things she said was "can we make it 1x9 like yours?" and of course she wants a cool matching "blue" bashguard. I love it, because seeing her that excited means she's going to love riding it.

She also said she's going to make a username and join mtbnj.. which is great because I would love for her to meet some of the ladies on here and make some new friends. Not to mention have some other people to go riding with since it will be hard for both of us to hit the trails at the same time with the newborn.

And of course, the most important part of any thread:

SpecializedFSRex002.jpg

SpecializedFSRex003.jpg

SpecializedFSRex004.jpg

Congrats. The bike looks awesome. Let me know when your wife wants to convert to disc brakes. I have wheelsets and brakes just laying around in my garage.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
thanks.

she's actually getting me elixir cr's for christmas so im going to put my juicy3s on her bike.

but what kind of wheelset do you have and what do you want for them? the tires on the bike look awesome for trail riding, but id like to get her a second milder set for when she takes our son out for a ride around the neighborhood or reservior. he's only 4 weeks old though so that wouldnt be until next summer at the earliest.

syncroscat

Misunderstood title thought you were looking for a trade (bike for wife)

Yeh, when I see the title of the thread, I get all dislectic about it and read "Wanted: Wife for Bike".

Anyway, sweet ride and congratulations on the newborn. Looking for a used Burly trailer? :D

tonyride

thanks.

she's actually getting me elixir cr's for christmas so im going to put my juicy3s on her bike.

but what kind of wheelset do you have and what do you want for them? the tires on the bike look awesome for trail riding, but id like to get her a second milder set for when she takes our son out for a ride around the neighborhood or reservior. he's only 4 weeks old though so that wouldnt be until next summer at the earliest.
I have a set of WTB Laserdisc XC rim/DT sealed bearing hub wheelset that came with my 2008 Giant Trance X1. It currently has Kenda Nevengals on them but I also have a set of tires that are not as aggressive. Let me know if you're interested in them and I'll come up with a fair price.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I have a set of WTB Laserdisc XC rim/DT sealed bearing hub wheelset that came with my 2008 Giant Trance X1. It currently has Kenda Nevengals on them but I also have a set of tires that are not as aggressive. Let me know if you're interested in them and I'll come up with a fair price.

:hmmm: Whats the other set of tires?

Couldn't hurt to PM me a price. It won't be before Christmas though.... kind of blew our spending money budget on the bike for her and brakes for me, hence why the bikes under the tree :D

tonyride

:hmmm: Whats the other set of tires?

Couldn't hurt to PM me a price. It won't be before Christmas though.... kind of blew our spending money budget on the bike for her and brakes for me, hence why the bikes under the tree :D
The tires are IRC Mibro for Marathon just like the ones offered up here. I will PM you a price for the wheelset and both sets of tires.

Matt...."Hey Man!" ;):)

It was a pleasure to meet you too! Your photos of the bike came out way better than mine. I felt a little sad when we parted ways and you had the bike, but I am so, so glad that it's in good hands, and you're wife likes it. It's nice to know we'll be having another female out on the trails, and a future MTBer when junior grows a bit (a lot) more. I hope to be able to say hello on the trails once I get my riding legs back.:)

RNG1

Yeh, when I see the title of the thread, I get all dislectic about it and read "Wanted: Wife for Bike".

Anyway, sweet ride and congratulations on the newborn. Looking for a used Burly trailer? :D

Yeah actually with Kev's Giant frame I really would take just a road Gruppo now...:D

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Matt...."Hey Man!" ;):)

It was a pleasure to meet you too! Your photos of the bike came out way better than mine. I felt a little sad when we parted ways and you had the bike, but I am so, so glad that it's in good hands, and you're wife likes it. It's nice to know we'll be having another female out on the trails, and a future MTBer when junior grows a bit (a lot) more. I hope to be able to say hello on the trails once I get my riding legs back.:)

Hey! Thanks again duuuude :D

Serena was testing it out in the yard yesterday... it was funny because she looked like a 10 year old playing with a new toy on Christmas morning. We'll definitely cross paths on the trails!

I actually told her to PM you after she makes an account on here. Neither of us have had a full suspension bike yet so she might ask you for some pointers in terms of when to adjust the rebound & such.

Top Bottom