Wanted - 26r MTB tires

iman29

Hey all

Anyone in the NNJ area have any new-ish 26” tires around that have been hanging in the garage or your stockpile that still have some miles left ?

Youngest son (14) is riding an old Trek 820 that still has original tires on it from when I originally bought the bike new for the middle son when he was 14 ( he’s now 19)

Front tire is meh but back tire is shot from too many skid contests. Planning to take him with me to Cranks so want to get some slightly better tires on there for him before that event.

located in 07836 willing to pickup if not too far.

Thanks !

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe I have some new Nevegals if you don’t mind rolling resistance.
PM if interested

serviceguy

Hey all

Anyone in the NNJ area have any new-ish 26” tires around that have been hanging in the garage or your stockpile that still have some miles left ?

Youngest son (14) is riding an old Trek 820 that still has original tires on it from when I originally bought the bike new for the middle son when he was 14 ( he’s now 19)

Front tire is meh but back tire is shot from too many skid contests. Planning to take him with me to Cranks so want to get some slightly better tires on there for him before that event.

located in 07836 willing to pickup if not too far.

Thanks !
Do they need to be foldable and tubeless or wire bead and tubed(?) is ok? I have a set of basically new (test rode them only) Panaracer Fire XC Pro 26x2.1 in red. See picture for reference. I can bring them over to Stephen's tomorrow if you're interested. Also, do you still need some rock wool insulation? I could throw that one in the trunk as well, how much did you need? I just washed them so you don't have to deal with the resident spiders, also one was still mpunted on a wheel and I have to warn you it takes a little proficiency to pop the bead initially, then it's a breeze.

237.JPG

iman29

Do they need to be foldable and tubeless or wire bead and tubed(?) is ok? I have a set of basically new (test rode them only) Panaracer Fire XC Pro 26x2.1 in red. See picture for reference. I can bring them over to Stephen's tomorrow if you're interested. Also, do you still need some rock wool insulation? I could throw that one in the trunk as well, how much did you need? I just washed them so you don't have to deal with the resident spiders, also one was still mpunted on a wheel and I have to warn you it takes a little proficiency to pop the bead initially, then it's a breeze.

View attachment 165033

These could work will PM you shortly.

serviceguy

Thanks to @serviceguy generosity Zachs bike is all ready for Cranks next weekend.

They even match the bike really well. He’s stoked. And we even did some lessons on how to change tires.

Thanks again !!

View attachment 165134
Glad they went to a good home! Now, what should I come up with to permanently convince you to ride with the cool cats and leave the roadie life behind!?!

Top Bottom