Wanted 26" wheelset, fork & parts for 1990's - 2001 build

LandCruiser

I'm building up a late 90's build with 26" wheels and 135 mm spacing, canti brakes. Looking for a wheelset, preferably with Purple or orange hubs. If you have any other garish old annodized parts, i would be interested as well. I could also use a vintage steel fork. the Frame is an XXL, so need 240mm steerer tube. PM me if you have anything. Thanks

If you want to try this, give Tom at Hilltop Bikes in Cranford a call. Before he closed up "CBS", I had given him a set of Justin Hubs (26" rim brake) wheels. They were purple annodized hubs. I don't know what he did with them. Just tell him it's the wheelset that Chris Nostrand had given to him. I'm sure if you reference the wheels and my name, he'll remember. Nobody else at the Hilltop shop would probably be aware of those wheels though.

If you want to try this, give Tom at Hilltop Bikes in Cranford a call. Before he closed up "CBS", I had given him a set of Justin Hubs (26" rim brake) wheels. They were purple annodized hubs. I don't know what he did with them. Just tell him it's the wheelset that Chris Nostrand had given to him. I'm sure if you reference the wheels and my name, he'll remember. Nobody else at the Hilltop shop would probably be aware of those wheels though.

Thanks Chris

I have a mid-90's Yeti with a mix of XTR, Ringlé, Easton and Grafton bits. Lots of ano red. It's a shame the headtube is cracked in at least four places.

I'm probably using any of the bits that you would actually be interested in, but I thought I'd chime in and share my appreciation for this sort of stuff.

I have a thomson elite stem in period correct 135mm length, +/-6°, 25.4 clamp and an early easton 25.4 carbon riser bar (CT2 maybe?)Also some beat to hell Avid 1.0 levers and one, maybe two 1.0 Vbrake calipers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom