Wanted: 26" rim brake mtn/hybrid wheelset 9spd

Turd Ferguson

Looking for a 26" rim brake mtn/hybrid wheelset for sister-in-laws bike. Anybody have some they haven't tossed? Gotta work with a 9spd cassette.
Thanks!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i got something - 7sp on there now. vintage 1990s? early 2000s?
maybe someone can confirm compatability?

The WTB is the rear wheel - came to me via @DennisG about 10 years ago.

IMG_0745.JPGIMG_0744.JPGIMG_0743.JPG

serviceguy

If that doesn't work I have a set of wheels from my 98 K2 4000 withLX hubs that would/could fit the bill. I did have to rebuild the front hub with new bearing balls and grinding the seat a little but they work, maybe some crunchiness left. Do you also need tires on them?

Turd Ferguson

If that doesn't work I have a set of wheels from my 98 K2 4000 withLX hubs that would/could fit the bill. I did have to rebuild the front hub with new bearing balls and grinding the seat a little but they work, maybe some crunchiness left. Do you also need tires on them?
Sounds good, don't mind a little crunchiness. It's not ridden much, and don't need tires unless maybe they are smooth? Current tires are just mtb tires.

serviceguy

Sounds good, don't mind a little crunchiness. It's not ridden much, and don't need tires unless maybe they are smooth? Current tires are just mtb tires.
Currently no tires on them. Where are you located? Would you show up wearing the cowboy hat in your avatar?

serviceguy

I checked the wheels, they're actually better than I remembered, rear if fine, front makes a little whining sound but spins smooth. Let me know if you're still interested.

Top Bottom