Wanna Help with a new Legal Trail??

Wobbegong

The D&R Naturalist was hoping to check the proposed section this week. We'll let you all know what the deal is as soon as we get word, as long as I still have the motor skills to type after my initiation........:( :D

Frank

Sasquatch
Initiation over

I made you guys build trail.....that's good enough for me:)
Pulaski Polaski
McLeod MacLeod
Potato Potato

Frank Harms
JORBA Spelling Bee Champ

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I'm led to believe this is happening this Sunday - but no word from the Jasons yet.

Is it? Is it not?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
SUNDAY the 27th!! CUT TRAIL!!! Super short notice.

So I'm led to believe this is happening this Sunday - but no word from the Jasons yet.

Is it? Is it not?

YEP!

I just got the go ahead from the park naturalist to do our 1st Legal trail build this Sunday the 27th.

We plan on meeting at 8am at the rangers station parking lot on Canal road.

I have the OK to cut about 1/2 a mile of single-track as well as build a bridge to span a small stream. The bridge might not happen that day.

This is a major deal in my book as it legitimizes mt bikers presence in this park and county.

We have pre-marked a trail route so we just need to go in and cut a great trail.

I ask that you bring any tools that you would like to use. I would ask that you only bring hand tools. In the future we will try to supply tools.

I mentioned earlier what tools i would recommend.

I am not expecting a big turnout but if a few of you come along that would be great.

We might ride after so bring you bike stuff too if you like.

Thanks!

J-dog

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks - added it to list. Not sure if I can make this. If I do it won't be for that long as I'm trying to get to the Mountain Man race which starts at 11, with a pit stop at the house in between.

Where exactly is the ranger station on Canal Road?

Frank

Sasquatch
What time???
I am in a wedding on saturday:rolleyes: it may be a little rough for me:puke: but I will do my best to attend.

C.Puncher

C'mon you lightweights

:getsome: The trails in the central part of Jersey are spread out, and few. Here is a chance to make a cool trail even bigger. This is blazing NEW trail not just maintenance. Cowboy up boys and girls! Of course there'll be a ride afterwards............

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Bless you my son..

I can't make this - friend's Christening his kid. I'll stay tuned - hope I can help another time.
Dan

I could bless your friend's kid with my machete? Then they could come too!

Do you thing that would do??

j-

crash_in_nj

sadly...that might be very accurate.:eek:

If you really thought it was sad, you wouldn't do it. So when you spend Sunday morning :puke:ing, just be happy about it.

BTW, I can't make this weekend, family is in town and I have my son. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions