• Zion/Gooseberry: October 12th - October 17th

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Southern California: November 2nd - November 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
of course you do, and so do we! that's why we're here, right?

well, what if you could ride some place truly epic? say durango, colorado? perhaps utah, and zion national park is your bag? maybe you crave warm and sunny weather in the winter (who doesn't?!?) and would prefer sunny southern california? well, here is your chance! brought to you by our good friends at Hermosa Tours and ONLY available to the members of mtbnj.com, we are thrilled to offer you...wait for it...keep waiting...a 15% discount on any trip booked with Hermosa!! yes, you read that right, 15% off the list price of ANY tour on their site!! how freakin' amazing is that!?!

this is one of those things that happens only once in a lifetime. if you've dreamed about going out there but just haven't been able to make the trip for one reason or another, now is your chance. we have selected a week in each location that will be set aside, on a first come, first served basis, for mtbnj.com members. the poll posted above outlines the dates and places available for these exclusive mtbnj.com epics. you are of course welcome to book a trip on your own, but wouldn't it be great to go with a bunch of people you know? and who knows what other surprises await you? hmmm...

you can find the extensive details about each on their website, www.hermosatours.net.

now the semi-fine print:
to get your discount, you MUST be a registered member of mtbnj.com. when you contact Hermosa, tell them mtbnj.com sent you, provide them with your screen name (once verified by yours truly) and BAM! you're in! the discount ONLY applies to the cost of the trip. follow this link to see exactly what is and is not included:
http://www.hermosatours.net/whats_included.html

we promised you big, well, here's the start of it all. and what, you ask, did you do to deserve this? truth be told, nothing other than show up. don't you wish it was all this easy? this offer won't last forever so get your permissions squared away and get it done.

you can buy us beers later. :D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I have done some high country riding in Crested Butte, and it was awesome. I would love to get back up there or try high country Durango some time. My biggest complaint with those areas is: if you go too late in the season, they let the cattle up and it makes a mess.

Gooseberry is on my list too. I wish I had more time to go to these places. I think I need to retire from racing and do a AARP tour of great riding in America.:)

Hermosa

I have done some high country riding in Crested Butte, and it was awesome. I would love to get back up there or try high country Durango some time. My biggest complaint with those areas is: if you go too late in the season, they let the cattle up and it makes a mess.

Gooseberry is on my list too. I wish I had more time to go to these places. I think I need to retire from racing and do a AARP tour of great riding in America.:)

The Durango High Country tour doesn't take place on any grazing ranges actually. SOME of the Low Country Tour does...but not much.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you'd have to approval from the member whose wife you'd like to take, but otherwise i see no issues. :D

D

DANSPANK

Gooseberry Mesa at the end of the summer so I should be at my most fit-tit-test, suposebly.

mwlikesbikes

All i can say is HOLY CRAP!!!! Checking my vacation schedule now for the Durango summer tour! We're all gonna owe you guys alot of beer! :drooling:

Shaggz

A strong 7
utah for me

i'd love to do the durango summer trip, but it conflicts with our already scheduled family vacation. summer 2009 :hmmm:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have ridden most of the trails north and south of Calsbad on my 6 trips there.

Oct or Novemeber works best as I can't really be away form the store in the summer for more than a few days.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
We need a support group for MTBNJ members' wives....that way they can get together while we go away on this trip...ah, with babysitting too :D

The Kalmyk

Gooseberry for me....My burfday is on the 14th so it goes over easier with the wife that its a b-day trip

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would have to say gooseberry as well. i want tech and fun, and that's what gooseberry looks like to me. besides, i need a late season deal because even at 15% off, i'm gonna need to save my pennies.... maybe i'll scratch la ruta off my plans and just do this instead.

F

Firefly7

Wow it'slooks great...

How much experience of riding do you need to tackle something like that. Is a year of MTB enough? What would you say the difficulty is?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if you go to their site they have the tours ranked on difficulty in the descriptions. it looks like they cater to more capable and/or experienced riders. length of time wouldn't matter if you picked it up quickly. there are plenty of tour companies that cater to beginner-intermediate riders, and a select few that cater to more experienced people. i like the idea of different levels of mtb trips for different levels of riders.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just to wet your appetite ... here is a picture I took on Thunder Mt trail 2 years ago. It is one of the rides on the Gooseberry tour. That is mr pixy crossing the ridge. It's a cool place.

2248796241_e21c744790.jpg

Has anyone used a our company before? I have always just gone and bought a map. Just wondering, cause it is very pricey.

2249591856_61125c3cbd.jpg

:)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Yeah, $1900 x 0.85 (15% discount) + airfare is a bit pricey for me but I would love to be able to go.

Hermosa

How much experience of riding do you need to tackle something like that. Is a year of MTB enough? What would you say the difficulty is?

I think you could handle the Gooseberry Tour by October if you polished your skills and fitness throughout the summer.

Hermosa

Has anyone used a our company before? I have always just gone and bought a map. Just wondering, cause it is very pricey.

There's a lot to be said for just grabbin' a map. :) But I might add....did you eat on your trip? Did you have nice lodging? How did you get there, and once there, how did you get around? Did you have shuttles on the point to point rides? Did you get a few massages? I could go on....but I think you see my point. There's more to it than just "grabbin' a map" and we really strive to boil down a guest's vacation to care-free, world class riding and relaxation. I REALLY don't want to come across combative - I just want everyone to understand our offer.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
There's a lot to be said for just grabbin' a map. :) But I might add....did you eat on your trip? Did you have nice lodging? How did you get there, and once there, how did you get around? Did you have shuttles on the point to point rides? Did you get a few massages? I could go on....but I think you see my point. There's more to it than just "grabbin' a map" and we really strive to boil down a guest's vacation to care-free, world class riding and relaxation. I REALLY don't want to come across combative - I just want everyone to understand our offer.
All good points and well worth the money in my opinion.

Top Bottom