Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Zion/Gooseberry: October 12th - October 17th

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Southern California: November 2nd - November 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I agree that it sounds well worth the money. Unfortunately I just can't take 6-7 days away from the wife and little boy. Ideally Hermosa had a 3-day blast of a tour as well. Something to consider for '09, because that I would strongly consider.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
There's a lot to be said for just grabbin' a map. :) But I might add....did you eat on your trip? Did you have nice lodging? How did you get there, and once there, how did you get around? Did you have shuttles on the point to point rides? Did you get a few massages? I could go on....but I think you see my point. There's more to it than just "grabbin' a map" and we really strive to boil down a guest's vacation to care-free, world class riding and relaxation. I REALLY don't want to come across combative - I just want everyone to understand our offer.

Geeze, sorry if I came off wrong. I wasn't judging the value. I have stayed nice, dined out and rented a car. I know the value of your tour is better than appropriate. I also like the guide part as I have been lost a few times. I was looking for some customer testimonial stuff. I could not find any on the site. This could be your first year in business for all I know. I had a disappointing experience with a ski tour that has left me a little apprehensive these days.

Hermosa

Geeze, sorry if I came off wrong. I wasn't judging the value. I have stayed nice, dined out and rented a car. I know the value of your tour is better than appropriate. I also like the guide part as I have been lost a few times. I was looking for some customer testimonial stuff. I could not find any on the site. This could be your first year in business for all I know. I had a disappointing experience with a ski tour that has left me a little apprehensive these days.

Yeah, as I said I really did not want to come off combative and I really appreciate your follow up here. We are in fact in our first year of business and you won't find any testimonials on the site. We've basically tried to build our dream vacation and offer it up to the world....I hope people enjoy it and come away very satisfied. :)

C

chainring

Hey Hermosa - No Camping trips?

I have been on many trips with Hermosa's competitors and most offer camping trips. They cost less which might be more appealing to the average mtbnj crowd.

Believe it or not, if I'm going to be in beautiful Utah, I'd rather be camping than staying in a motel. Camping also allows people traveling solo to not have to pay more for a room or share with a stranger. I also like the camaraderie that a campground setting provides.

Can Hermosa offer a lower cost camping trip to mtbnj members who can't afford their current tour lineup?

Hermosa

I have been on many trips with Hermosa's competitors and most offer camping trips. They cost less which might be more appealing to the average mtbnj crowd.

Believe it or not, if I'm going to be in beautiful Utah, I'd rather be camping than staying in a motel. Camping also allows people traveling solo to not have to pay more for a room or share with a stranger. I also like the camaraderie that a campground setting provides.

Can Hermosa offer a lower cost camping trip to mtbnj members who can't afford their current tour lineup?

Yup....as advertised on our custom page: Custom Tours If this becomes the official MTBNJ.com trip I think we'll want some consensus on camping vs lodging. You're also welcome to schedule your own tour with friends, family, etc. :)

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
camping is a different animal all together. if you want to camp, go camp. that's a ton of fun too, but you have to put it all in perspective:

i'm asuming that the camping tours don't include:

arrival day lodging, lodging after your final ride and no shuttle to and from Las Vegas. so, you're flipping for a car (that cost alone is at least $500, even at the cheapest rates), a couple extra nights in a hotel, and at least 6 other meals.

seems to me the hermosa guys have it all covered and make it a complete turn-key, no worries vacation.

Spartacus

I am off to FLA on the 23rd of Feb. Figure I will hit disney then off to Ocala to Hit Santos (This trail is sick. Its in an old Lime quarry) http://omba.org/ then off to Savannah to do a lil more riding.

Molasses

I took a Gooseberry Tour with Western Spirit & a ZION Tour with Rim Tours...

I have to say this tour that Hermosa has put together includes top, top notch rides.

The cost seemed a bit steep to me as well, but when you add up the tour cost, shuttle cost and lodging you are only spending a little bit more but getting excellent peace of mind...

I doubt I will be available to go but this really is a great opportunity!

Top Bottom