Waiting for the Kool Aid to be delivered

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
So its winter, I haven't been able to ride and I'm bored at work. So what to do except spec and order a new ride?

Rang up Jay at Halter's and decided on a Niner One9 full rigid. Spec'd nicely with mid to high end parts. Should come in at around 20-22 lbs.

Now the waiting starts. Bike should be here in about five weeks.

It'll be interesting going from a 26" FS 2x9 to a 29" rigid SS. I can't wait!

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
so in 5 1/2 weeks you're gonna have a bike for sale?

Well, I'm planning on keeping the FS, but who knows? I hear these 29'ers are the real deal - do everything including making breakfast. So I probably will be so disgusted with the little wheeled bike that I'll have to sell it. :p

Or did you mean I won't like the Niner? I'm not real good with inuendo.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bought myself a 29er SS in Dec. and haven't touched the little wheel squish since, freakin kool aid is no good for addictive personality types like myself...

walter

Fourth Party
Well, I'm planning on keeping the FS, but who knows? I hear this 29'ers are the real deal - do everything include making breakfast. So I probably will be so disgusted with the little wheeled bike that I'll have to sell it. :p

Or did you mean I won't like the Niner? I'm not real good with inuendo.

Innuendo is my specialty, along with perversion and sarcasm.

Yes, I was referring to you selling the full squish.

Is it a Turner? If it is maybe you and Fogerson can sell them 2 for 1:D

Congrats on the new bike, you're gonna love it. If you are in the shop within the next few days you will see my Salsa awaiting its ride home. It will be my third big wheel I bought from Halters.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you are in the shop within the next few days you will see my Salsa awaiting its ride home. It will be my third big wheel I bought from Halters.

Saw it yesterday. Very Purty.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Congrats on the new bike, you're gonna love it. If you are in the shop within the next few days you will see my Salsa awaiting its ride home. It will be my third big wheel I bought from Halters.

I think I saw it pre-build when I was in there on Wednesday or Thursday - beautiful frameset!

The Kalmyk

I too have a One9 and I am going to tell you this out right....FUCKING AWESOME BIKE.....Good choice Tommy

Top Bottom