Wahoo

Skerb

Hello, I've been seeing a lot of ads for the Wahoo element on sale for $229. I use trail forks and other apps but would like to have a gps that works more like google maps. I would love to hear some reviews. TIA.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
maps are difficult because they do not have a pan feature -
zoom only - this is the biggest beef i have with my elemnt.

that and it wants to update when i turn it on, and my phone is in my pocket.
so it downloads the update, and then loses its mind until it is installed.
which might require wifi.

Otherwise it has worked with all the sensors i throw at it, and it can control my kickr -
even taking rides off strava and simulating them - it follows the map, and knows the grade,
so it adjusts accordingly.

Last edited:

goldsbar

Rock solid and full customization of the screens are the big selling point. The thing just works and works. Links directly to your home WiFi to download rides or upload routes. Plenty of battery life.

Downsides are no cool features like Trailforks integration. The maps sort of suck per the reason Patrick mentioned.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Downsides are no cool features like Trailforks integration.

I've never used a Wahoo, but I'm on my fourth Garmin. I really wasn't expecting to be wowed by something like Trailforks integration, but it's really helpful and would be hard to give up.

w_b

I’m wondering if YSA is big enough to allow Social D onboard.

I think yes.

Stay astern dammit!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never used a Wahoo, but I'm on my fourth Garmin. I really wasn't expecting to be wowed by something like Trailforks integration, but it's really helpful and would be hard to give up.

The 530 Trailforks & Strava integrations are just spot-on. I can take your ride on Strava, create a loop on my Strava account, then turn on the GPS and ride it. Literally in a minute.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The 530 Trailforks & Strava integrations are just spot-on. I can take your ride on Strava, create a loop on my Strava account, then turn on the GPS and ride it. Literally in a minute.

I haven't tried the Strava integration and didn't realize you could do that. Sounds cool though, would save me the step of making a gpx file of someone's route and then plugging my garmin into the laptop like a peasant.

Top Bottom