Wahoo Elemnt Sh!tting the bed.... is it just me?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
It’s been almost a month now that my Elemnt (Original version) has been misbehavin. First it stopped automatically publishing to Strava (no issues with the 3 other platforms). Then it wouldn’t completely load the rides themselves into the Elemnt app. Then I started getting feedback from wahoo to forget and re-pair the phone.... each time an update was also pushed from wahoo. Its 4 weekends in a row with the same garbage. Workes perfectly fine after the forget / pair session .... but just like clockwork, next ride..... same thing all over again. My buddy Dave is now having the same issues (he’s two weeks behind me in this saga). How have the rest of the Elemnt (original) Users been getting on?

goldsbar

Same thing. Worked fine forever. I have to keep on un-pairing. Last two rides seemed to work, so might be fixed now? I noticed it started after an update and they just did another update that hopefully fixed it.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Same thing. Worked fine forever. I have to keep on un-pairing. Last two rides seemed to work, so might be fixed now? I noticed it started after an update and they just did another update that hopefully fixed it.
Exactly, it started after an update..... I’m on my 4th week in a row going thru the update \ unpair msg \ up pair...pair/ rinse repeat Dance.

rick81721

Lothar
It’s been almost a month now that my Elemnt (Original version) has been misbehavin. First it stopped automatically publishing to Strava (no issues with the 3 other platforms). Then it wouldn’t completely load the rides themselves into the Elemnt app. Then I started getting feedback from wahoo to forget and re-pair the phone.... each time an update was also pushed from wahoo. Its 4 weekends in a row with the same garbage. Workes perfectly fine after the forget / pair session .... but just like clockwork, next ride..... same thing all over again. My buddy Dave is now having the same issues (he’s two weeks behind me in this saga). How have the rest of the Elemnt (original) Users been getting on?

my bolt would no longer upload to strava - had to do it manually. no other issues - I figured it was just old (over 2 years) so replaced with a roam a month ago. works perfectly so far

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Two years is not very old.......... If that’s wahoo’s lifecycle.... they’re gps line is not long for for this world.......

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
mine just fixed itself with the last update.
Maybe 10 days ago?

Plug it into the computer and see if it is out of internal space for files - perhaps a garbage collection (technical term) problem.

rick81721

Lothar
Maybe 10 days ago?

Plug it into the computer and see if it is out of internal space for files - perhaps a garbage collection (technical term) problem.

Yeah this is a good idea - I always delete old rides about every two weeks (about 12 rides)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Maybe 10 days ago?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I only interact with it thru the app. taking a peek at the file lstructure and storage capasity makes a lot of sense. it’s possible that there isn’t enought free space for the firmware to completely update..... thus multiple requests/prompts for updates.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I use an iPhone.... cuz I’m old. Software is current and my buddy Dave (same issue) is on a brand new iPhone Pro $$$$$$$$$.

rustynuts

I had the same issues. What was mentioned above by deleting old rides did the trick for me.
I also kept updating the bolt almost daily, or checked for updates.
Un-paired a bunch as well.
For like 2 months that was pretty annoying.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
A couple of the updates changed the name of the unit to force it to re-pair.

Top Bottom