Wahoo Element Bolt or Some Garmin Device?

goldsbar

I bought the 520+ and ended returning it a few days later. The lack of touch screen made it tough to use compared to the 800 I have. Debating if the 820 would be worth the $$.

There's also a new 830. Same as the 530, but with a touchscreen. $100 more.

serviceguy

I bought the 520+ and ended returning it a few days later. The lack of touch screen made it tough to use compared to the 800 I have. Debating if the 820 would be worth the $$.

I gave up on touchscreen, I can never get it to work on my iPhone when wearing gloves or using the weatherproof case.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was just on Trailforks and they do have some type of mashup map upload for the 800. It requires a donation which I'm fine with if it actually works. Anyone try this? I'd love to have trailforks on the 800 instead of checking my phone every 30 feet.
Thx

RSAmerica

Just ordered a 530 to replace my 520 (non-plus). Will be nice to pane the screen left/right/up/down, plus all the other new features, the 520 only zooms.

rick81721

Lothar
Anyone else having upload to strava issues with wahoo? My last few rides would not upload, had to manually upload file into strava. Can't figure out why

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Rick I had the same trouble Monday night.
Ended up updating the wahoo app. Then logging out and back into both Strava and the element app.
2.5 hour s latter it uploaded.
I should say, I think all it needed was logging out and in of the strava app.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
the firmware update forced me to forget the elemnt on the phone and re-pair.
then it worked.

rick81721

Lothar
ok thanks, I thought it just updated a few days ago but maybe it didn't complete. I now remember it displaying it was updating as I was outside leaving on a ride

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Wahoo has been pretty flawless. Never a shutdown unless battery died. Syncs flawlessly with app/trainer and all sensors. Only thing annoying is I have turned itto “indoor” mid ride while toggling to see something and that turns gps/mileage off but not time. No big deal.

Patrick

Staff member
Usually, if you just turn off the bluetooth and then turn it back on, that will reset the connection without having to forget and repair.

it is re-naming itself after major update. I didn't read about it, but the last couple times it has incremented the suffix in its name.
It was CB9E01 then CB9#02.. It is an Elemnt, not a Bolt.

1584704146677.png

CrankAddictRich

hmmm.. I have an Elemnt as well, but don't really use it, I bought it used, CHEAP, to have just in case my Bolt ever broke. It probably has a bunch of updates waiting for it. I should probably charge it up and check it every so often.

rick81721

Lothar
Still not uploading. I notice on my phone looking at Bluetooth, the elemnt does not show up as a device. Never looked before but maybe this is the issue? But it uses Bluetooth to communicate with sensors, right? That is working. Maybe it's time for a new on

Patrick

Staff member
Still not uploading. I notice on my phone looking at Bluetooth, the elemnt does not show up as a device. Never looked before but maybe this is the issue? But it uses Bluetooth to communicate with sensors, right? That is working. Maybe it's time for a new on

there is a pair new phone option at the bottom of the menu page.
you might need to forget the old one.
it can also use wifi.

Top Bottom