VTC Reunion (class of 08') Oct 9th

Start Time

9:15 - 9:30 ride time.

Margret King Ave and Ringwood Ave. (near the entrance to ringwood st. park)

We will be parking at the baseball field.

-roger

It's On !!!

Be there when it happens !! 08' reunion ride:D

The route is posted at the start of the thread. 70+ miles with a little bit of climbing :drooling:

-r to the f

Epic

Well, it turned out to be a sweet day. The sun came out and the weather was perfect. The loop was stated as 71 miles on mapmyride.com, but since we added in perkins and a buzz past my old college; we ended up with 81 miles.:D EABODS hates the fact that my 60mi rides turn in to 70 and my 70mi rides turn into 80.:rofl: Bear Mt has got to be one of the sweetest climbs in the hudson valley. As long as you add in Perkin's Memorial Drive it's long and steady with a few steeper pitches on Perkin's. VTC will be hitting this ride again in late March/Early April next year, so keep an eye out and start training. The ride is tough and has pleanty of climbing (that's what EABODS says). I'll be mapping the Bear MT. Climb and will post it on this thread. Peace.

~r

Thanks for the MMS picture at 12:30. Way to rub it in.:getsome:

1009081316.jpg

This is what I get while in meetings all day.

Last edited:
Back again in April

Bill,

Don't worry! VTC will be back in April rocking out the same loop minus in urban assult through Ramapo College. Maybe EABODS won't poop the bed next time:D. I have to admit, there was a touch of climbing on the loop.:p Bear Mt. was over 1200 vert. all in one shot in about 4.5 miles. Delicious:p

~rf

Bear Mt. was over 1200 vert. all in one shot in about 4.5 miles. Delicious:p
Gotta love Perkins. We used to drive up there and do multiple timed laps to get ready for Mt. Washington. It was extra fun before they resurfaced it, particularly on the way down.

Gotta love Perkins. We used to drive up there and do multiple timed laps to get ready for Mt. Washington. It was extra fun before they resurfaced it, particularly on the way down.

I did perkins on Labor Day as part of my "end of summer bike till you drop weekend". I recorded video clips going up and down Bear Mtn and Perkins Mem Dr. This discussion of Perkins is teasing me. I feel as if I have to go into video producer mode and put something together. :eek:

I did perkins on Labor Day as part of my "end of summer bike till you drop weekend". I recorded video clips going up and down Bear Mtn and Perkins Mem Dr. This discussion of Perkins is teasing me. I feel as if I have to go into video producer mode and put something together. :eek:

Not without me this time!!!

Back
Top Bottom