Vote Yes on Ballot Question 2 on 7 November

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
JORBA urges you to vote Yes for Ballot Question Number 2 on November 7, 2006. The question as it will appear on the ballot:

• 2. CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO EXPAND USES OF DEDICATED TAX REVENUES TO FUND IMPROVEMENTS AND FACILITIES ON PRESERVED OPEN SPACE LANDS

Shall the amendment to Article VIII, Section II, paragraph 6 of the Constitution of the State of New Jersey, expanding the authorized uses of the constitutionally dedicated Corporation Business Tax Revenue, to allow the use of 15% of the dedicated funds to fund the development of lands for recreation and conservation purposes, and beginning on January 1, 2016, allow the use of an additional 17% of the dedicated funds to fund the development of lands for recreation and conservation purposes, be approved?

An excutive summary and analysis (courtesy of the Outdoor Recreation alliance):

Ballot question #2 proposes a constitutional amendment that, if approved by voters, would create an ongoing, stable source of funding for much-needed capital repairs, improvements, construction and renovations at New Jersey’ state, county and local parks and natural areas. Funded projects would include new nature centers and restroom facilities and overdue improvements to campsites, boat ramps and viewing platforms.

No New Taxes – Question #2 reallocates a surplus of existing funds from the Corporate Business Tax already dedicated to the environment. Through 2015, $15 million annually would be allocated to improving parks natural areas across the state, with an increase to $32 million annually thereafter. It would require no new taxes or any other revenue source to be raised or used.

Protects Our Quality of Life – Well-maintained, safe and accessible natural areas enhance quality of life in our communities by providing opportunities for recreation, education and economic development.

Ensures Clean Air and Water – Supporting our natural areas by voting yes significantly improves air and water quality and provides important habitat for wildlife.

More: http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=405

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
I think I got something in the mail about this the other day and could have sworn it said question 4, but either way, I'll vote yes for it!

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I just wish it was as easy to decide upon the Senate race... what a bad choice.

Can you say "Pair of asshats?"

Top Bottom