Voorhees State Park Conditions

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I cleared most of the debris on Sunday. There was a huge tree down on the par course which I'm hopeful the rangers will take care of. The rest of the park is fine.

If you've never been here, there isn't much to ride, but looping it with Nassau can make a good 13-15 mile loop.

By the way, it's not exactly clear which trails are open to bikes and which are not. If anyone comes across a hiker I ask that you be very courteous and yield .

CNJRider

Joker
Great conditions today. One muddy section on the Cross Park trail but I think a stream merged into part of the trail there. Will need to explore more of this park in the future.

RideOnTime

Any recommendations on a good route to explore here? Or anything I should avoid on bike?

I’m moving nearby and Voorhees will be right out the front door.

Hoping to also see how I might be able to string together Voorhees, Columbia Trail/Ken Lockwood, and Nassau.

CNJRider

Joker
Any recommendations on a good route to explore here? Or anything I should avoid on bike?

I’m moving nearby and Voorhees will be right out the front door.

Hoping to also see how I might be able to string together Voorhees, Columbia Trail/Ken Lockwood, and Nassau.
I’ve done a flow trail to voorhees to columbia and lockwood loop recently that amounted to about 15 miles. See below. It would not be hard to add a Nassau loop by veering up toward those trails via the Komline property and Nassau road to make a 20+ mile loop.

Some tips:
- Voorhees can be reached by going west from the flow trails and using neighborhoood roads to cross into Voorhees park
- To hit up the Nassau/Springside trails, use the trail off of Columbia at the waterfall to ride down to Komline and then up Nassau rd
- Take Ken Lockwood and Raritan River rd up to Califon and then use Columbia to get back toward HB, Raritan River rd is a public road but very lightly trafficked and just as scenic as Columbia

BF39242F-21D2-41C4-8514-3ACBE60C98E6.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
One link from the park to columbia trail is "behind" the HS.
Heatmap will provide some guidance. @jShort is the expert - he'll be able to provide a ride file.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here’s a route that connects Nassau and Voorhees. It’s also got the Columbia Trail and KenLockwood gorge in there.

The trail that connects the Columbia Trail to Voorhees High School is best utilized as a downhill. It’s a really tough climb.

Voorhees is small but what’s there is pretty rough. It’s either rocky or uphill. Or both.

RideOnTime

Awesome! Thank you all for the tips.

I am riding my 10 year old entry-level hardtail (with a fork so beat up that it might as well be rigid)- sounds like I'll take a bit of a beating at Voorhees. The local routes around here are going to influence what bike I go for next- gravel, XC, full squish?? Probably will have to find a way to justify buying two bikes. :p

CNJRider

Joker
Terrain is so varied around High Bridge… from pure gravel to flowy single track, rocky techy climbs and the occasional jumps. You would not be over biked with a FS trail bike or DC/XC.

CNJRider

Joker
Two trees down in Voorhees.

This one is near the scenic overlook.

5BCFD3F5-B3D1-42E8-BA63-E5F5807A2735.jpeg

The second I saw is on a connector trail linking one end of Park road to the other.

A7ADD3DC-642E-4659-A1BB-3F6A599D4575.jpeg
3C3F441B-8F8D-482E-9AA6-855015DE5618.jpeg

Top Bottom