Volunteer thread: freeze/thaw season closure / gates signage

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
There is no argument that 6mr needs to left alone during the freeze/thaw season, but so far the the park and jorba hasn’t done a fantastic job of education and enforcement.

this thread is about working together to let users know that this is a real thing and that it’s not a #freeforall

Let’s post photos of where this has been implemented successfully. Photos and drawings are good.

I’m looking for help from metal workers, wood workers, graphic designers, engineers, lawyers, copy editors. Etc..

Raw material donations, 💰 donations to jorba earmarked for this project are also helpful.

let’s keep this positive and work toward showing others that protecting this resource is important

I’ve sent a message to the park superintendent about this and they are on board. I’ve asked them about the legality of seasonal closure and what penalties can come if ignored.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop Keep

D62B8426-FC6E-4F2A-820F-C4B01A10CFA8.jpeg
17775216-E9B6-4CFD-AB43-EBCDF03A9EA4.jpeg
AA196E90-E75B-4AF3-94D2-189339632EF9.jpeg
C37F7412-8256-4BB1-B98B-8E34670A48D0.jpeg
D4642E79-3CB7-45F0-9533-78D13114B0CD.jpeg

ekuhn

I have a bunch of Galvanized Posts for sign hanging or using at the trail heads to block off - will tally a total.

I support the moose!

hls811

I'm in.. I have some graphic design experience in my background. Distant, but its still there. And I would reluctantly help with some trail maintenance.

And looks like we have a moose mascot. Gnarly Marly, the Six Mile Mud Moose. (TM)

Attachments

• Moose.JPG
    Moose.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 116

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I really like these signs because they explain that the trails are open when frozen, rather than a blanket closure. This is one of thing that always bothered me about the Nassau closures, it seemed to penalize the people that followed the rules and wouldn't ride even though you knew that the conditions were great and could cause no damage.

TimBay

If you set up a donation page and have any messaging you want to be used i can get a post up on garden state mountain biking FB page. Also know a dude that runs another FB group. In those groups the main problem is new riders not knowing and old riders making fun of the situation.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
If you set up a donation page and have any messaging you want to be used i can get a post up on garden state mountain biking FB page. Also know a dude that runs another FB group. In those groups the main problem is new riders not knowing and old riders making fun of the situation.

I think this is a good idea once we need to put things into production/installation.
we did well when we wanted the signs made.

It was specific, and people knew what it was going towards - as opposed to an open "donate" page,
which could be used for fuel for the yacht. A little transparency on donations of $$ and material would
go a long way too. Both giving credit to the donor, and responsible use of the donation.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I think this is a good idea once we need to put things into production/installation.
we did well when we wanted the signs made.

It was specific, and people knew what it was going towards - as opposed to an open "donate" page,
which could be used for fuel for the yacht. A little transparency on donations of $$ and material would
go a long way too. Both giving credit to the donor, and responsible use of the donation.
You can send it into JORBA and but make sure you note it as a specific donation. We track specific funds for specific projects.

jdog

Shop Keep
So in order to best move this concept forward, I’d like people to post their Favorite signage that the know about.

If not signage than just very particular wording

While we are at it, we might as well include up to date trail maps.

FD2A8088-85FC-49D8-826D-7A259D407018.jpeg
1299C241-8F7F-44EE-90C3-131EA5829AF8.jpeg
76BBCAF7-A35A-40C5-9055-95EFA2B10DCD.jpeg
C23F9923-E844-4105-80E6-3DB29EEFA901.jpeg

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is all I got. From North Table Mountain, Golden, CO.

6327DCCB-1EF1-4D22-B7DE-B54742E598E8.jpeg

Posted a few hundred yards from the parking lot, but just before you start the climb up the mtn.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions