Vintage floor speakers Vandersteen Model 2

the schwartz

From my childhood home, these date back to the late 80s or 90s.

Recently reglued the "spider" onto the frame on one woofer (I think that's correct), and these are beautiful, work great, and ready to bring the sound into your now-home-all-the-time existence.

Heavy and large, I can help with loading or even delivery.
Asking $250 here

the schwartz

still have them in case i can hook up a member, had them connected the last few days and they're good, no buzzing (my glue job worked)

the schwartz

nope! now it's buzzing on deep bass, i think from the other speaker.

$150 as is you reglue or get new foam, probably "an easy fix" (where have I heard that before?)

the schwartz

$100

Now-it's-a-project-Bump, price drop to $100 as is for the pair

Not-quite-working speaker
- One speaker's 10" needs a new surround (poked a hole in it with a screwdriver!!!) and
- the spider needs to be reglued (that's what I was trying to get to when i accidentally impaled the surround)
--- If you're not DIY and wanted to send that in to Vandersteen for refurbishing I spoke with them and the max it would cost is $121 (I believe this does not include any shipping costs). so your total cost would be under 250, then go sell them on Ebay for $500. or don't, because they're awesome.

Working speaker:
The other one (which I reglued the spider originally) seems in perfect working order.

0401211411.jpg

the schwartz

i would trade these speakers for any of the above listed amplifiers. i do not have any amplifiers and it is inhibiting the audio quality significantly

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was about to throw $60 dollars at you till I saw the hole.... I could fix it, I’ve repaired countless speaker, but it won’t happen and then I’ll be the one with giant broken speakers and a pissed off wife.

the schwartz

I was about to throw $60 dollars at you till I saw the hole.... I could fix it, I’ve repaired countless speaker, but it won’t happen and then I’ll be the one with giant broken speakers and a pissed off wife.
come on your freaking handle is @Soundguy ...

anyway, yeah it definitely needs a new surround, on account of Screwdriver > Foam.
Vandersteen doesn't sell them, but you can buy an aftermarket... which is probably what i'm going to do at this point and then sell them on Craigslist bump it back up to $200

Top Bottom