Vimeo

Glancing Aft

For those of you who make and upload videos, I stumbled upon the video hosting site Vimeo last night. So far I am really impressed with it and I think the quality blows youtube and blip.tv away. It seems like the only video quality isuess I have now are because I'm shooting video with a digital camera and not a fancy HD camcorder. The sound quality seems a bit off with my intial upload but I'll play with the settings with the next video I upload.
Here's a comparison with a video I made from Patapsco.

Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/1855401

Blip.Tv:
http://blip.tv/file/1261393/

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rxn5vQxEMo

I think in the future I'll be using it!

J-Dro

I have been able to get excellent results at blip.tv by forcing the video clips to play in their native file format. Blip.tv automatically converts the videos to flash, but there is an option to force the video to play in whatever format you upload (wma, avi etc.). That saves an extra conversion/compression step.

Glancing Aft

I knew there was an option in blip.tv to select the original format while viewing but I didn't know there was a way to force it. I'll have to look into it. Regardless I think I still like this over blip. What I really wish was that youtube would make some upgrades...

lmckee

How is Patapsco? I've been kicking around the idea of riding there for a while now. It would be fairly easy to do considering I work in Baltimore. I might be riding rocky ridge this upcoming friday with some friends, we'll see what happens.

Glancing Aft

How is Patapsco? I've been kicking around the idea of riding there for a while now. It would be fairly easy to do considering I work in Baltimore. I might be riding rocky ridge this upcoming friday with some friends, we'll see what happens.

Patapsco is really fun. Not too much vert and not too much techy stuff, but some of the trails have great flow and there's some good stunts built up if you know where to look. Being so close to a city it does get a lot of traffic though, but there are more trails than one would expect in there so it thins out.

If you're riding in the late afternoon on friday at the ridge and want a guide, let me know I might be able to duck out of work early.

lmckee

Awesome, I'll have to get down there and check it out. If I do make it up to York it will most likely be for a morning ride but I appreciate the offer. I'll have to take you up on the guided tour another time. Or maybe I can get in on a YAMBA ride one of these days.

THATmanMANNY

I am a HUGE fan of the quality on vimeo too. But they need to up their limit of 500mb per week.

I also registered with blip.tv but I tried uploading my 700mb vid and it failed. Does anyone know the limits on blip.tv.... size? length?

Now I have to upload my video on crappy youtube which accomodates 1GB and/or 10min videos...

What freeware can I use to compress my 700mb to under 500mb?

THATmanMANNY

uoploading troubleshooting

been trying to upload video on both youtube and vimeo. Both websites won't even start the progress bar. My video is only ~350mb and it plays fine. What could be the problem? Is anyone experiencing uploading issues?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I uploaded something to Flickr earlier and it was fine. Tried the same video on youtube and it's hanging. Maybe the world is uploading 45 zillion xmas videos today.

Top Bottom