Vietnam & Other Area Trails

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Vietnam and Diamond Hill are our go-tos in that area... I haven't been but I've heard Lincoln Woods is fun...
Lincoln woods is fun. It’s also very confusing so I don’t always suggest it. It’s basically all enduro trails, similar to diamond hill.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Vietnam and Diamond Hill are our go-tos in that area... I haven't been but I've heard Lincoln Woods is fun...

I may do Diamond Hill on the way out Wednesday. I have sampled it before, but I did not venture away from those enduro trails on the hill close to the lot.

Sevenz

I may do Diamond Hill on the way out Wednesday. I have sampled it before, but I did not venture away from those enduro trails on the hill close to the lot.
The stuff across the street is a lot of fun...

Screenshot 2022-10-17 112658.jpg

phillychris498

You could put together a really cool sampling of singletrack up on the north shore of Massachusetts. School street to red rocks to mt anne is about a 15-18 mile, 3-4 ride of singletrack.

Reactions: don

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Yeah, if you only road the lot side then you missed most of the good stuff.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So just to keep this thread updated, I hit Collis P Huntington in CT on the way up yesterday:

This was a pretty good place to stop. More or less halfway. Easy enough to follow. Decent amount of riding (10 miles in 1:30+). Not too vast. Technical enough but not over the top. A perfect mid-drive ride.

Also rode Vietnam this morning but this is the same loop I have done the past few times here.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you’d rather ride fast and pedal hard, big river might be a good option. It’s a huge place, part of it feels like allaire, other parts are rocky. I’ve ridden there a few times, but always on borrowed time, never could get more than an hour. It seemed pretty cool, the locals really like it. FYI they have mandatory orange blaze requirements for fall/winter hunting season.

I rode here today. It rained all night and was still raining this morning. So I went to a less rocky spot.

I really didn't like it at all. It was 85% quad/moto trails and there were about 115 rocks in total. The rocks were sort of oddly grouped. But the vast majority of what I rode was like Allaire, but shitty.

don

It's cool to see that area going strong. When my wife and I lived in Boston in the mid 90's I would ride out of the Wingaersheek Beach area (her aunt had a place there). Cool chunky terrain that I believe is now know as B&T's. Looks like it would be a worthwhile area to ride if I'm back up there!

phillychris498

I rode here today. It rained all night and was still raining this morning. So I went to a less rocky spot.

I really didn't like it at all. It was 85% quad/moto trails and there were about 115 rocks in total. The rocks were sort of oddly grouped. But the vast majority of what I rode was like Allaire, but shitty.
Please reach out to get a tour of my favorite Boston trails when you are back in the area. I won’t disappoint... but it will be technical.

phillychris498

It's cool to see that area going strong. When my wife and I lived in Boston in the mid 90's I would ride out of the Wingaersheek Beach area (her aunt had a place there). Cool chunky terrain that I believe is now know as B&T's. Looks like it would be a worthwhile area to ride if I'm back up there!
It’s a really tight-knit group of riders that keep those trails pristine. There are probably 50 miles of singletrack along 128 between Beverly and Gloucester, all of which are uniquely flowy yet technical. I’m always down to give a tour for those in the area, as they are challenging to navigate.

Reactions: don

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Please reach out to get a tour of my favorite Boston trails when you are back in the area. I won’t disappoint... but it will be technical.

I actually didn’t realize you were still up there. I’ll be back in a month but no idea what sort of ride window I’ll have. Will keep you posted.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i'll be up there on friday - but no bike!

PS - remember my kid needs an internship this summer.

don

It’s a really tight-knit group of riders that keep those trails pristine. There are probably 50 miles of singletrack along 128 between Beverly and Gloucester, all of which are uniquely flowy yet technical. I’m always down to give a tour for those in the area, as they are challenging to navigate.

That's awesome! It is a such a beautiful area and to have sweet mtb trails so close to the ocean is very rad.

Thank you for the invite - if I make it up there I would gladly take a tour!

Top Bottom