Video of Six Mile

lurker

iv tried finding this place before and just cant do it. im kinda familiar with hillsborough. coming from the somerville circle up 206, how do i get to these trails?

walter

Fourth Party
iv tried finding this place before and just cant do it. im kinda familiar with hillsborough. coming from the somerville circle up 206, how do i get to these trails?

If you are coming from Clinton, take 78 to 287 south to the Easton Ave exit, towards New Brunswick. Take Easton ave right into downtown NB. As you pass under the Railroad bridge, make the right onto RT 27. Rt 27 may also be called Albany St or French St at this point, once you come under the bridge it comes to a T, so you can only go left or right. Make the right and continue for a few miles. You will pass a Wawa on your left and then a strip mall on your right, after the strip mall you will see a sign for the New Jersey Knights soccer complex on your right, turn right into the complex, trail head is to the left side of the parking lot.

This may sound jumbled and I am sure there are shortcuts you can do, but this is pretty direct.

lurker

sweet thanks for the reply. i was lookin at the trail map and it seems that that your not allowed to ride the full loop cause they only allow hiking on the red section. do you guys ride it anyways? if not, do i got to ride the blue to the end and than turn around?

Sircrashalot

OK HOW DO you get across the bridge headed toward the ranger station---the one in the video in beginning of this thread where the helmet cam guy crashes, other than walking it????

I crash every R%(#^#(%^&* TIME!!! Sometimes into the drink to the left as in the video, last saturday went off to the right (deeper to the right and this time hit my nose on the stream bed---but at least my mouth was wide open since I was already laughing at myself on the way down). Cant get the approach right to be able to unweight the front wheel and so that hole at the start of the bridge = ejecto me. EVERY DAMN TIME!!!

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

Its a super tough line. I dont mess w/ it i walk it. But if you hang on to the tree off to the left, should give you your smoothest line. Or you could just go left of the bridge all together. at least just your feet will get wet.

RonzNd4Spd

Great video!

You guys did an awsome job with the video!!!
Thanks!...Now it's 8:30 on monday nite and all I wanna do is go there!
THANKS!!!!

RonzNd4Spd

Walter ,thanks for the directions I can't wait to try the "everybody gets wet bridge"...
Thanks,
Ron
RonzNd4Spd

VanDbtRiver

best line=straight line lean back keep some speed from the hill previously descended if you think too much about the roots your wet already

Sircrashalot

best line=straight line lean back keep some speed from the hill previously descended if you think too much about the roots your wet already

Thats what has me....worried if I keep speed the off camber roots will wreck my approach and I'll miss the bridge or face plant the bridge. Last weekend I kept more speed than before and :rofl: made it farther into the wate rthan normal. Army suggests something about a tree to the left or walking across. there is no walking in riding!!! At least I am not smart enough to know when I should, therefore I get soggy, but someday will make it across that darn thing & then jump into the stream in celebration!

VanDbtRiver

Thats what has me....worried if I keep speed the off camber roots will wreck my approach and I'll miss the bridge or face plant the bridge. Last weekend I kept more speed than before and :rofl: made it farther into the wate rthan normal. Army suggests something about a tree to the left or walking across. there is no walking in riding!!! At least I am not smart enough to know when I should, therefore I get soggy, but someday will make it across that darn thing & then jump into the stream in celebration!

i think 6 mile is a cool ride because speed dictates everything there. you can climb most of the hills by getting enough speed and having momentum carry you to the top. as for the bridges you stay straighter when your wheels are spinning faster giving you stability. if you stay back in the saddle and let your suspension take up the roots you dont have to do any work negotiating them and you can just focus on putting you front tire on the bridge. also, slow down to your desired speed before you descend, use no brakes the rest of the way

ArmyOfNone

I was not suggesting walking across. Coming in the other direction i RIDE up that staying along the right hand side inside of the tree. I think that is the smoother line.

I have gotten wet many times there. i said enough is enough and went around it. I guess its time to take a second look, man up, and ride the damn thing. :D

Good luck staying dry!

Sircrashalot

I was not suggesting walking across. Coming in the other direction i RIDE up that staying along the right hand side inside of the tree. I think that is the smoother line.

I have gotten wet many times there. i said enough is enough and went around it. I guess its time to take a second look, man up, and ride the damn thing. :D

Good luck staying dry!

Was just bustin chops. I should walk it and study it or just stop & study it once to find a line, but instead I try to 'will' myself across it everytime. SO far 100% splash ratio but someday I'll make it across. I am gonna stop and think before pedaling there next time,.... I swear. Kills be because I have no 'bridge fear'. On others I stop and bunny hop around to play with balance, etc. on a couple I manual across from time to time, this one I go swimming every time

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

Was just bustin chops. I should walk it and study it or just stop & study it once to find a line, but instead I try to 'will' myself across it everytime. SO far 100% splash ratio but someday I'll make it across. I am gonna stop and think before pedaling there next time,.... I swear. Kills be because I have no 'bridge fear'. On others I stop and bunny hop around to play with balance, etc. on a couple I manual across from time to time, this one I go swimming every time

Thats enough to make you go nuts!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions