Video of guy tracking down stolen bike on CL

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Posting the video public may make it harder to admit as evidence. However, it's likely not going to court, sure it'll get pled down if the guy has no priors. Still cool though. The PD seemed pretty helpful too.

On the subject, what hidden methods are you all using to help identify the bike if stolen and recovered? I was thinking a card or something stuffed down the seat tube...:hmmm:

Dr Superb

Posting the video public may make it harder to admit as evidence. However, it's likely not going to court, sure it'll get pled down if the guy has no priors. Still cool though. The PD seemed pretty helpful too.

On the subject, what hidden methods are you all using to help identify the bike if stolen and recovered? I was thinking a card or something stuffed down the seat tube...:hmmm:

The guy said that his wheels and saddle were not stock, and "this thing right here" i dont know what he was referring to...

I believe he had paperwork with the serial # on it as well...

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The guy said that his wheels and saddle were not stock, and "this thing right here" i dont know what he was referring to...

I believe he had paperwork with the serial # on it as well...

I could probably pull a receipt for most of the things I've added. Kinda assumed the serial number would quickly be defaced but thieves are lazy I guess. Guess I'd better write those down somewhere, anyway.

soulchild

cool video... I was really hoping that the one dude would be all :mad3: while the bike thief was all :scared: then maybe the :hitsfan: and the :argue: turned into a full blown :2guns: instead of just :wedgie:.......

but at least dudeman got the bike back :rolleyes:

loggerhead

Definately something I would do. I'd probably do something stupid like hit em' with a chair or something once I saw my bike and get arrested for assault :cool:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
oh, how come that one dude was so out of breath? i figured his cycling buddies would be fit :hmmm:

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Definately something I would do. I'd probably do something stupid like hit em' with a chair or something once I saw my bike and get arrested for assault :cool:
Not when you know the camera is on. This is why I take pictures of my bikes and write down the serial numbers. The piece of paper in the seatpost trick is very clever.

Top Bottom