Victory Hop Wallop

Shaggz

A strong 7
I decided to go 180 from the Mad Elf and picked up a 6 of Victory Hop Wallop. Wow, does this stuff pack a punch. Light in color, effervescent in carbonation and high in alcohol. This is a very, very bitter beer, imagine chomping on a handful of Chinook hops. IMHO it is not well balanced, and I would have liked for more flavoring and finishing hops to offset the final bite. This is a fun beer to drink, but not one to reach for when you want to make an evening out of it.

Wobbegong

This was my last six pack. I really liked it. It has a mint smell to it, and a light hint of minty aftertaste. Very strong, I got a buzz off of one bottle.

I mixed it 50/50 with Troegs Rugged Trail Brown Ale one night for shits and giggles. I found the result rather delicious. :)

Last edited:

dhsean

Where is everybody getting it?

I went to my local mega liquor store but they only had the Hop Devil which is a classic in my book.

mwlikesbikes

They've got it at our place by A&P in E.B. It's in the case by the other Victory stuff. They might have some on the floor in the corner by the pint bottles.

walter

Fourth Party
Yep, that's the place but I guess they didn't have it cold. I'll have to check the warm isles.

I saw it on the corner by the warm bottles, where they usually put the seasonal warm cases. In the front door, first isle to the left, right hand side in front of the coolers.

dhsean

Whalloped by Hop Whallop! :D

Reading the bottom of the 6 pack looks like I have some more beers to try out.

Wobbegong

Whalloped by Hop Whallop! :D

Reading the bottom of the 6 pack looks like I have some more beers to try out.

It does pack a whallop. Other beers seem mild after a punch from that stuff.

I'm enjoyig a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, so tasty...

Top Bottom