Victory Cycle is closing!

sasquatch2

there's an announcement on the Victory Bike and Ski website that they're closing for good! I will miss the detour on my way home to BS about bikes and stock up for the weekend warrior rides :(:(:(

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Wait till next year. Things will only be worse when bikes jump 20%. I have heard that a 20% increase across the board is to be expected for 2009.

Spend your dollars in your local shop if you want them around for the long haul.

F'k the mass market bikes. Tell everyone you know that they must buy a bike from a bike shop. Avoid buying a bike from any store that also sells tampons.

J_

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
poop...

It sucks to hear about another shop going out:( You'd think with gas prices going up, people would turn to bicycles as a solution and the industry would grow. I wish the employees lots of luck.

-Jim.

Spylab

Never been to Victory but I'm terribly sorry to hear that, both for the owners and employees as well as those who considered Victory their 'home base' bike shop. I know that every rider finds a shop they just feel comfortable with (mine being Cycle Works), and I know I'd be heartbroken if John and Frank had to close up shop.

Best of luck to the folks at Victory in their future endeavors.

CrossAddict

I hate to see bike shops closing. :( It has to be one of the toughest businesses to run, so it is defiantly a labor of love. Tom is a great guy and put on some great cross races over at craigmuer. I wish him and his family the best.

-rf

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
F'k the mass market bikes. Tell everyone you know that they must buy a bike from a bike shop. Avoid buying a bike from any store that also sells tampons.
J_

This sucks, it is hard enough to find a good shop and sucks so many have closed this year.

I think I saw some tampons in Halters once, back in the corner where Ben found that blue helmet :hmmm:

sasquatch2

wow, talk about expanding the offerings in women specific design! Hope I can find another shop as mellow (not the one in Texas) and convenient...

Top Bottom