VholdR helmet cam.

crash_in_nj

I got a VholdR helmet cam a while back, and thought I'd give anyone thinking of getting one a heads up. The concept is great, the camera is lightweight, small and when it records video, the quality is pretty good. The problem is 'when it records video'. I took it to WVP/CR a few weeks ago, and all the video was corrupt. I took it to Allaire yesterday, and all the video was corrupt. So now I am returning my 2nd cam for warranty replacement. The first one wouldn't even turn on. So if you're thinking of getting a VholdR, just beware that it still needs some serious polish...

crash_in_nj

Then you still need a micro sd card. Some models apparently waork better than others. Also, they haven't release a mount for vented helmets, so you'll need to get creative. I was using rubber bands and twist ties. One last thig. The mic gets really freaked out by wind noise. I taped some folded up gauze pads over it, which seemed to work okay.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Also, they haven't release a mount for vented helmets, so you'll need to get creative.

I stuck the adhesive pad onto the side of my Xen, and it worked just fine. That adhesive is insanely strong.

I agree with you about the wind noise. Glad you improv'd a wind screen.

crash_in_nj

I got a reply from their customer support, and it looks like the camera will be going back. They are quick with the support.

One thing I notice the camera doesn't have that I think would be a vast improvement is the ability to attach a filter. I'd love to be able to put a polarizer or a neutral density filter on there. Or even just a clear lens cover to protect the lens from stray sticks or whatnot.

Top Bottom