Ventana Pivot Maintenance

de00304

I emailed Ventana asked about pivot maintenance for my El Rey, and I got a reply from Sherwood himself - for those of you with Ventana's, I thought I would share his advice:

"-First and foremost do a periodic check on your lower pivot for tightness. (torque to 90 in-lbs) If your pivot bolt is tight but you feel side-to-side movement when you pedal your bike (especially when climbing steep hills in your small chainring) then you should replace your main pivot shaft, bolt, and cap.

-Check other pivots and torque to 90 in-lbs every ten or so rides. If after a few checks you have not found a loose one then you can lessen the frequency of checking to every couple of months.

-About once per year you should check that the bearings are running smoothly. More frequently if you ride in or through water often, and less if you don’t.

-every time you ride your bike, before you start, lift your rear wheel off of the ground by lifting up on the back of your saddle. If you feel a clunk or any looseness then you should replace your upper shock bushing and check and/or replace your upper shock spacer."

Wobbegong

Ventana customer service is second to none. You got to love it when you can call the owner/designer for advise. Teresa is fantastic too.

Great company, still all done in the USA under one roof.

Top Bottom