velocity blunts 29er

warcricket

Like a Jerk
anyone have any experience with these rims? for $230 a wheelset laced to xt hubs, they seem appropriate to replace my bent and wobbly hoops.

RyanW

Not really sure what you want to know but I have a set on my Niner. I haven't put a lot of ride time on them though. The bike is at Halters right now waiting on some parts. Feel free to check them out if you stop in the shop in the next week or so.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i mostly want to know about their strength/durability and how they hold up. I'm not a heavy rider but wheels tend not to get along with me. :eek:

The Kalmyk

Strength and durable you will get for sure with these rims...They are pretty wide at 28mm...I had em on my old Cannondale and really enjoyed them...If you have a choice I would suggest using brass nipples as opposed to alloy

Last edited:

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
If you had the coin I'd say check out the Mavics, but nevermind :D

The rims are great! Xt hubs will last you forever.

Good choice :)

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anyone have any experience with these rims? for $230 a wheelset laced to xt hubs, they seem appropriate to replace my bent and wobbly hoops.

Is your front wheel somewhat usable? I'm looking for something really really really cheap to try out on test 69er build.

Top Bottom