Velocity A23 Road Wheelset for sale.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I apologize now for my potato quality pictures.

Velocity A23 Road Wheelset w/ 11 speed compatible hubs. $160
100/130mm Quick Release rim brake.
24/28 Bike Hub Store lightweight hubs
Sapim Laser spokes
Pro 3 tires 700x23c

A23.jpg

Last edited:

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can Cx wheels be converted to thru axle?
Asking for me

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
CX tires are not tubeless. They're wired Racing Ralph CX tires. If trying to convert these wheels to tubeless, I'd only do it for low-speed cross. Even though they seem like durable boat anchors I wouldn't try road tubeless conversion.

No idea if the CX wheels can be converted to thru axle. I'm sure they can, the next year Focus was through axle. But I have no idea what parts you'd use as I don't know who the OEM maker of these hubs are. Pictures below of the ends of the axles and seals.

Price is negotiable as long as it's lower than whatever cost it's worth for me to keep them. I don't know what that price is.

Last edited:

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nevermind - I need 142 rear.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glenn needs 135mm rear, thru-axle front. You guys need to find a thru-axle set of these wheels, buy both and split them up. :)
Well I was looking for a spare set.
Maybe we can work out a custody schedule.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Updated. Added second Velocity wheelset that's good for heavy riders or touring.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shit, no. They're 130mm! Thanks for catching that.

I think I put these for sale after @qclabrat got wheels.

I got these for my touring bike because they're awesome. Not boat anchors but very strong. And god forbid there's an issue Ultegra hubs are easily fixed at any bike shop while touring.

qclabrat

Are these A23 wheelsets really 135mm hub spacing with rim brake?

I think @qclabrat was looking for touring wheels.
Shit, no. They're 130mm! Thanks for catching that.

I think I put these for sale after @qclabrat got wheels.

I got these for my touring bike because they're awesome. Not boat anchors but very strong. And god forbid there's an issue Ultegra hubs are easily fixed at any bike shop while touring.
yep, building a set now, and wanted 36 spokes

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yep, building a set now, and wanted 36 spokes

I thought the same, then realized 32 spoke wheels nowadays are as strong as 36 spoke wheels of yesteryear. Granted, no reason not to go more bulletproof, better than a broken spoke.

I'm slowly getting rid of my touring stuff, my days of fully loaded touring seem to be behind me. :(

qclabrat

I'm the opposite, counting down when the kids leave the nest so I can get out for some long weekend tours. Glws

Top Bottom