vegas??

roc

I am going to a conference in vegas from 9/22-25, I can get in early on sunday and have the whole day. has anybody every been out there for riding. I will be by myself, so it does not need to be crazy stuff, I don't like to ride Ringwood by myself! any place to rent a bike? is it worth getting there early, as opposed to landing around 9pm?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bootleg Canyon has lots of trails. All Mountain Cyclery rents good mountain bikes and is a one mile pedal from the trail head. I ubered there and back each day when I was out there. It's about a 25 minute drive from the strip. I've heard the Cowboy Trails are also good, and there is a shop nearish to them too I think, but I don't know anything about it.

THATmanMANNY

Dont be a punk ass. Rent a bike for a couple days and bike back and forth between city and bootleg. Or take advantage of the buses!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
JimN is pretty spot on.

Bootleg Canyon is worth riding purely because it's way different than NJ riding. The drive to and from isn't that bad and you can mix in a Hoover Dam tour.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
rent a car, drive to zion, and hike.
can ride your bike anywhere, can't see zion anywhere else in the world.

oh, and visit that big dam they got too.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
rent a car, drive to zion, and hike.
can ride your bike anywhere, can't see zion anywhere else in the world.

oh, and visit that big dam they got too.

NewRawAntbear-size_restricted.gif

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do enjoy how rapidly these threads turn into this:

OP: Hey guys I have 20 minutes to draw a small picture on this sheet of paper I found

... 5 posts later:

"Hey you should consider painting the Great Wall of China with a toothbrush with all the free time you have"

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I do enjoy how rapidly these threads turn into this:

OP: Hey guys I have 20 minutes to draw a small picture on this sheet of paper I found

... 5 posts later:

"Hey you should consider painting the Great Wall of China with a toothbrush with all the free time you have"

i get a commission for everyone that i send there.

PS. @roc rent the water shoes in town.

PPS - i still regret playing golf out there, when i could have gone on a tour of the damn dam.

PPPS - it is only a 2.5 hour drive.

ekuhn

i get a commission for everyone that i send there.

PS. @roc rent the water shoes in town.

PPS - i still regret playing golf out there, when i could have gone on a tour of the damn dam.

PPPS - it is only a 2.5 hour drive.

I like to ride the wave at the Craps table. Just remember - you never walk away from a heater.

The damn dam tour is nice. Makes you proud to be an American, when men were men.

Stock photo, but I have a very similar one somewhere.

1566996330320.png

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn't do the damn tour when I was there, but I did ride over and check it out from Bootleg Canyon. There is an old rail trail that goes over there, from the short railroad they built to get stuff to and from the dam when they were building it. It goes through a couple of cool tunnels they blasted out. If you've only got one day, just stick to Bootleg Canyon though.

The Kalmyk

i know - traitor!

hiking upstream in a canyon with walls 2,400' high.
just one of the many choices - don't like the canyon, Angel's Landing

View attachment 103687View attachment 103688

I considered this being that I go to Vegas for work at least once a year but the guilt factor is way to heavy. I leave behind a working mother with three kids and they would all love to do this. If I took pics of me on a mountain bike, they wouldn't care at all.... Oh dad riding a bike again

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I used to go Vegas yearly for a week long conference. (I had to spend my training budget on something.) Not once did I ever think about getting in a bike ride.

Top Bottom