Vassar Farms

F

FallGirl1430

If you guys are ever up in the Hudson Valley area, there is a little known single track spot called ... Vassar Farms. It's near the campus of Vassar College. It's an awesome ride It's layed out on the side of a 500' verticle hillside. There are alot of short and long climbs and it's ALL single track loaded with logs, brigdes, roots and they even have a BMX area. I rode yesterday afternoon with Tommy, we did just over 8 miles. Was a blast (till I started to freeze) :(

Fallgirl ...

F

FallGirl1430

Anrothar thank you for the post (and the map) :) It is very cool and from what I know not very well known. Right off the parking lot there is a climb that is very difficult. I have heard they have had a few XC races in the years past. The BMX course located within the trail system. If you ever get the chance, to me, it's well worth it,
Fallgirl

NJ Jess

Thanks

FallGirl! It is listed on the FatsintheCats.com site too. They are the stewarts of the place and, as you agree, is an fun little Local Knownledge trail. I'd love to get up there some time. Was there snow or was it frozen?

F

FallGirl1430

Vassar or Vasser, hmmm

Hi Jess,

The trails that got the daily sun were mostly dirt to slightly frozen top.
Half way up the ridge the single track was more of a frozen top layer and the ridge was all packed snow, the edge that weren't ridden on or walked on seemed to be a little softer, I know this for a fact because I fell a few times :p

Fallgirl :eek:

Top Bottom