Varicocele-anyone care to share?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I've had some discomfort over the past year, we did a colonoscopy thinking it might be that direction (pun intended). Finally got an ultrasound on the "region" and here we are. Internet research says continuing riding probably won't do any harm but I am seeing a urologist next month. Anyone have any info/experience? Thanks.

Trying to keep it clean for that one jerkoff 9 year old kid who's parents let him look at the whole interweb. :p

rick81721

Lothar
So I've had some discomfort over the past year, we did a colonoscopy thinking it might be that direction (pun intended). Finally got an ultrasound on the "region" and here we are. Internet research says continuing riding probably won't do any harm but I am seeing a urologist next month. Anyone have any info/experience? Thanks.

Trying to keep it clean for that one jerkoff 9 year old kid who's parents let him look at the whole interweb. :p

I was diagnosed with presumably a mild version of this over 20 yrs ago. Never had any discomfort, then or now.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know a guy guy who was diagnosed 20 years ago. Found some strangeness down ther during a TSE. This was during the era when Lance was famous for testicular cancer awareness (rather than for being an actual scrotum as he is today) and any male who wore spandex shorts was regularly checking his beans, so to speak. Since then he has ridden untold hours, fathered 3 kids, and never had any other issues.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wifey and I were going through fertility evaluations. That was my diagnosis.
Gotcha, Thanks.

I know a guy guy who was diagnosed 20 years ago. Found some strangeness down ther during a TSE. This was during the era when Lance was famous for testicular cancer awareness (rather than for being an actual scrotum as he is today) and any male who wore spandex shorts was regularly checking his beans, so to speak. Since then he has ridden untold hours, fathered 3 kids, and never had any other issues.
Cool. Thanks. We shall see what the dick doctor says (who decides to specialize in that anyway?) but this is all good to hear.
And yeah, Lance's scrotum was prime in my thoughts.
That didn't come out right.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i think i wrote this before - went to a urologist about 20 year ago, and he is checking things out.
says you have a vericocele - and i give him the dumb look. he says, 'you didn't think you had 3 balls, did you?'

so yeah - it never bothers me, although my sperm are slow. (hmm :eek:) i blame the beer.

littlev21

f

Trying to keep it clean for that one jerkoff 9 year old kid who's parents let him look at the whole interweb. :p[/QUOTE

I had a minor one, or so they said, as part of fertility studies. I had the surgery, expect a few weeks off the bike, you'll have to wear tighty whites, and avoid any technical that will disturb the testicles! never helped in producing second kid, but we were closing in on our late 30s

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I'll try and keep track of how it feels vs how much I ride. Oddly it was more uncomfortable during the winter (less riding) than lately, but who knows.
Thanks for all the input gang.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Swing low sweet chariot?

1 - yes i know what the song is really about.

Top Bottom