v-brake levers for kids bike

TonyC

Where can I purchase a brake lever for a kids bike on-line?

I'm at a loss. Tried Google and Yahoo seach and nothing...

My son bent his brake lever. It's still usable, but I'm afraid it will snap if I straighten out.
I tried an old XT v-brake and adjusted the allen bolt so it's all the way in and it's still to far of a reach for his fingers.

please advise
thx
Tony

don

Dan's Comp - www.danscomp.com

Look at brake levers and then check out the Sinz. They have mini, expert and junior sizes. It says right only but if you need one for the front I'm guessing you could just flip it over.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
My son bent his brake lever. It's still usable, but I'm afraid it will snap if I straighten out.

Use 2 15mm box-end wrenches to bend it back and it won't snap...put 1 as far in towards the pivot portion as it'll go and the other at the end and bend them opposite of each other...It's an OG Bmx trick son...

-Jim.

TonyC

thanks Jim,
I'm going to have to try the OG trick. I couldn't get any leverage with a vice grip.

thanks Don,
Those levers look sweet.. If I snap the lever I'm going to order a set of those Sinz V-levers. They look much better then what came stock on my son's bike and not the expensive.

TonyC

Dan's Comp - www.danscomp.com

Look at brake levers and then check out the Sinz. They have mini, expert and junior sizes. It says right only but if you need one for the front I'm guessing you could just flip it over.

just a little follow up.. Thanks to Don's advice I order new v-brakes for the son's 20" wheeled bike.
I bought the Sinz Mini levers an one rear Sinz v-brake. Although the rear brake didn't fit I used the new brake pads and cable. I used an XT front v-brake which has newer pads.
My son can now actually skid the rear wheel and come to a fast complete stop. Something that he couldn't do with the orig oem v-brakes.
My son thanks you with a big smile.
later
Tony

walter

Fourth Party
something about kids skidding, always brings a smile.

your boys dont wear lime green shirts, do they?:D

don

just a little follow up.. Thanks to Don's advice I order new v-brakes for the son's 20" wheeled bike.
I bought the Sinz Mini levers an one rear Sinz v-brake. Although the rear brake didn't fit I used the new brake pads and cable. I used an XT front v-brake which has newer pads.
My son can now actually skid the rear wheel and come to a fast complete stop. Something that he couldn't do with the orig oem v-brakes.
My son thanks you with a big smile.
later
Tony

Dan's Comp has always done good for me. Big selection and pretty quick shipping. The prices when combined w/ their coupons aren't bad either.

Glad it worked for you and the little guy. The fact that he can skid means the brakes are dialed for him - their little hands and fingers can't put as much power down - so nice job with the XT/Sinz combo.

Tell your son to keep on riding. I really wish there was a pump track or skills place in the area for him as I know he would have a blast at one. I'd give him some pointers but it sounds like he would catch on quickly on his own :thumbs:

Top Bottom