USGP of Cyclocross...Mercer Cup...11/17-11/18...

Wobbegong

I watched the Elite Women and Men race on Saturday, the front 5 riders in the mens class were sooo fast. The sand pit was really fun to watch, quite a few over the bars crashes. I was amazed at how fast they were over the hurdles, they didn't really even slow down, just amazing skills. I'm sure Sunday was interesting with the weather. I really enjoyed watching this. Seems like Van Dessel has a nice name in the cross world, good looking bike I must say. Also saw a really sweet Ventana Tandem FS Mountain bike with a rohloff hub. Fun stuff to say the least.

ArmyOfNone

So you did see Wicks eat it...How was it as crazy as they made it sound

Wicks went down right after the hole shot in a corner that pinched things pretty tight. Honestly its a testament to their ability to handle the bike in those conditions. Every race prior to had a crash going into the hole shot. Me personally was looking to see someone go down. Super smooth they rode right on through.

ArmyOfNone

There were many more people there on Saturday. I arrived just as the men started on Saturday. I was still closer to my car than the course. As soon as the men went through the start area there was a mass of people bookin to get a good spot at the sandpit. Kinda funny to see. They looked like cattle just moving across the course.

Emily thought is was cool. Ryan even said he wanted to do it. I reminded him that they don't allow training-wheels in the race. :)

Im sure the kids would love a sand pit in the back yard! Hell i would too!

BiknBen

Since I'm more Roadie than anything else, I was paying attention to Chris Horner. He's managed a few high finishes at the TdF and other road Classics. He just signed with Astana on Thursday for '08. You should have seen his face when Emily wished him luck with his new team.

walter

Fourth Party
Nice stuff, the black and white ones are pretty sharp. Two questions, mtb or roadie pedals on a cx bike, and about how many people ride their mtb's on a cx course?

BiknBen

Two questions, mtb or roadie pedals on a cx bike, and about how many people ride their mtb's on a cx course?

1-Always MTB pedals.

2-Those who are just trying out the sport often start on a MTB. Once they are hooked, they get a CX bike. Unless of course, you are Fred and you steel someone's bike for the duration of the CX season. :0)

Top Bottom