USGP of Cyclocross Helmet-Cam...

that mud was tiring just walking thru it, i can't imagine trying to ride in it. if that was my helmet cam, you'd hear me cursing at the mud and proabably puking sounds.

No smiling, you're racing!!!!

Someone put THAT on a T-shirt and you'll sell a million. Good one Fred. After watching sorta glad I was stuck at work all weekend....sorta.

After watching sorta glad I was stuck at work all weekend....sorta.

After unleashing on Fred and getting my kids into it...I felt obligated to do it myself. Conditions were ridiculous. It was only a race for those that were at the front. It was a death march for all the rest. :drooling: Congrats to Fred for doing so well in a stacked field.

I've been tempted to go back to survey the damage to the park. A farm tractor would not be able to turn up as much soil as we did. It was crazy.

Ben that was the best! It's really hard to explain to someone just what we go thru in a cross race, you're video says it all.

I'm glad you wrote that. That is one of the reasons I wanted to get the video. To help others understand what it is like during the race.

I was able to see you racing on Sunday.... You looked good.

I think you are getting me confused with Fred. :rofl:

I guess I looked good at the start. Once in the mud, it was just a matter of time before my race ended. :drooling:

Last edited:
Shhhhhhhh...

Nobody saw me cut the course just after I went by Ben did they? That was pretty slick but nearly as slick as Ben riding completely on the outside of the course just after:rofl:

-Jim.

PS-That guy in the Slipstream kit that bumped you was Tom Hopper. He actually races on the Slipstream Pro team. Sandbagger?

Last edited:
Nobody saw me cut the course just after I went by Ben did they? That was pretty slick but nearly as slick as Ben riding completely on the outside of the course just after:rofl:

-Jim.

PS-That guy in the Slipstream kit that bumped you was Tom Hopper. He actually races on the Slipstream Pro team. Sandbagger?

Tom Hopper is a mechanic for slipstream.

jimvreeland said:

Did he actually bump me? I don't recall. I obviously didn't mind. Rubbin's Racin!!!

That was just the first lap? :cry:

Friggin' ridicolous! I would of went home crying.

Add some swedish death metal to the sound track to enhance the pain factor.

Who would have thought a relatively flat course could be so hard! Did anybody have any good biffs coming down that ramp?

Ok I know why my legs are starting to hurt again! That vid is bringing it all back! I closed the window and am feeling much better now. :D

Who would have thought a relatively flat course could be so hard! Did anybody have any good biffs coming down that ramp?

I was actually a little nervous about "the flyover" leading up to the weekend. It was much steeper last year. I didn't see anyone biff. Just a lot of fish-tailing once you hit the mud at the bottom.

I did hear that someone lost it on one of the paved path sections. All the mud was being dragged onto the asphalt and made it slick as snot.

Back
Top Bottom