USAC Marathon Nats and relocation

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Pretty awesome to race the nationals this last weekend. No excuses. I had a great race despite being 4th. The other dudes were just hammers! I dropped a bottle early on and didn't realize it but rode from mile 6-16 with no water. Despite that I rode the course great and man was it a fuckin blast! Think Iron Furnace with Mooch steepness and not as much fireroad/road. Epic! Thanks to Steve Mancuso for loaning me $20 and @Joe J for a lift back to my inlaws. I was planning to ride home but a random rainstorm threw a stick in the spokes!

Side note, I bought a house 3 miles from the course start and we'll be moving in around xmas. I'll try to add some pics as they come in. B035BAE3-31A4-4992-BEE8-6D1DA4B15FB2.jpeg71232092-5793-44FB-A4EB-955D5E570A57.jpegEC5A5AB4-4BEC-488F-B822-131F35764FDF.jpeg60ACF637-00D0-4A82-8ED5-E40D5B9F10A9.jpegDCC40EDC-F7E9-436E-A21C-D00A4FE1D4DB.jpegGordon Davies @Frank Glomb

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Them be Ironman prices. Wonder why these races are struggling?
well THESE races are the nationals....USAC bills them as the olympics....I liked doing the nats, however I cant deny this fact....I did the XC nationals in 13 and 14 at bear creek...Racing the pro class at MASS series bear creek challenge (same course) was WAY HARDER. Open class, not 5 year age groups, competition, etc. The MASS series races are priced fine IMO.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
well THESE races are the nationals....USAC bills them as the olympics....I liked doing the nats, however I cant deny this fact....I did the XC nationals in 13 and 14 at bear creek...Racing the pro class at MASS series bear creek challenge (same course) was WAY HARDER. Open class, not 5 year age groups, competition, etc. The MASS series races are priced fine IMO.
Keep in mind we just bought a house that you can see from the overlook at the Gambrill parking lot. How do you not race nats when it’s in your back yard?!

dvaidya

Keep in mind we just bought a house that you can see from the overlook at the Gambrill parking lot. How do you not race nats when it’s in your back yard?!
Is there a link to the route for the race. I am going to be in the area next weekend and would like to take my sweet time riding it even if it takes me couple of hrs and sometimes walking the bike over steep terrain 🤣

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I already had the license so I thought the price for me to reg was around 160?

I had this pencilled in my plan so I was following it. They were petty late in opening the registration and providing course details. I got vibes that the promoter was not exactly on the ball.

How were day of logistics ? @Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I already had the license so I thought the price for me to reg was around 160?

I had this pencilled in my plan so I was following it. They were petty late in opening the registration and providing course details. I got vibes that the promoter was not exactly on the ball.

How were day of logistics ? @Dave Taylor
Course was marked perfectly. Vibe was great and everything was good from drop bags to food. Meeting and podium at separate locations but all went smoothly.

Top Bottom