US OPEN this weekend

Robin

What an amazing weekend. I didn't have the best qualifying run, totally flubbing one section, but I finished. Sunday morning I had two awesome pre-rides and was stoked to race.

I caught the rider in front of me going into the Red Bull rock garden. The course marshalls stopped me while they picked her up. I was off my bike and running down, totally bummed. I got back on my bike, passed and nailed the rest of the course. I did ask for a re-run but was told I would have to wait until the entire race was over and they couldn't guarantee a clear course/my safety with all the spectators getting down the mountain. It is what it is. I was grateful to finish and still have the entire summer to shred (unlike the girl who I caught - possible separated shoulder).

I got up to the Red Bull rock garden after to hang and cheer - saw @mattybfat and his kids. Got some great photos and I even made it to VitalMTB!

IMG_20170528_152621167.jpg
IMG_20170528_161009649.jpg
18767538_10103310264246318_4032476001150111259_n.jpg
IMG_0937.PNG

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a great course view in order from Saturdays seating. Clearly the conditions firmed up for Sundays race. Man do i miss this type of racing.

Curiosity of vital mtb
It was great seeing @Robin on the course. Real bummer to see her come up to the red bull rock garden with the rider she caught crashing at the entry. Killed her run, clearly she was having a good run.
Great seeing @V-Dub along with my cuz who was king of platty back when we were hardcore. Saw many old friends too. So glad this race is back!!!!

THATmanMANNY

It's awesome when a bike plows through a rock garden and makes minimal noise. Almost fake.

That guy at 3:10 "yea I can't to this" lol What did you think when you signed up bro?

Cool stuff Robin! Congrats

Ian F

Ugh... having someone go down in front of you during your run is the worst. BTDT. I still wonder if that happening to me at the rock-drop at the top of the "Wild Zone" at Snowshoe back in 2001 might have cost me a podium. Oh well... I caught/passed 4 riders during that run. By far the best DH race run of my career.

Eileen

Pro GRT is May 18-19 this year. We had a great time hiking the mountain and watching the pros rip it up!!

Top Bottom