US OPEN this weekend

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
p3pb14420032.jpg

Who's going!!!

I have been to just about everyone including entering the very first. So glad it's back and to witness the world's best in the Rock Garten with tunes DJ and a ruckus crowd just makes for a great day. To me it's the best and only cycle racing to watch. Well then again Virgin, Utah puts on a damn good show.

oobaa47

Yes!!! Can't wait.... they cut an entirely new course.....doesn't look like they're using the old usopen/BMW trail or even asylum......that big table out of asylum has been replaced by an insane jump, not sure how course is getting there........looks like a very fast course with quite a bit of ski trails involved........they also put a bridge over the green trail and they have a whoop section too......

MASSIVE!!

IMG_20170520_104637937.jpg

IMG_20170520_104620119.jpg

Zaskar

Event Schedule As of 4/20/17 – Times are subject to change.

There will be an official schedule onsite.

Rider’s meetings to be announced.

Grom Bomb may be moved earlier on Sunday morning, depending on number of racers.

Thursday May 25th:

• Registration open 9am – 5pm
  • Course walk only
  • Bike park will be open for free-riding
  • 4:30pm-6pm Thursday Night Race Fun Race with Neko Mulally & Oskar Blues US Open Welcome Party at Biergarten
Friday May 26th:

• Bike park will be open for free-riding
  • Registration Open 9am – 5pm
  • 9am-1pm Open Class practice
  • 1pm-5pm Am Class practice
  • Fox Racing Best Whip Contest & After Party with Ride Your F#%king Bike Movie (Best whip details tba)
Saturday May 27th:

• Registration 7am – 10am
  • Bike park is open for free-riding
  • 8am-11:00am Am Class practice
  • 11am-1:30pm Open Class practice
  • 2pm Qualifying
  • 5pm – 7pm #PartyLaps with Amateur Cooperative
Sunday May 28th:

• Bike park is open for free riding
  • Grom Bomb Registration 8am – 10am
  • 8am-10:30am Am Class Practice
  • 10am-11:30am Grom Bomb mandatory practice (course closed to public)
  • 10:30am-12:30pm Open Class practice
  • 11:30am Grom Bomb Race
  • 1pm USO Downhill Finals

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That big table I think is for whip it contest on Friday. May not be even part of the course.

I see they opened an original trail from '99 for the course.

I think they would have to keep rock Garten in its a staple of every us open.

J-Dro

That big table I think is for whip it contest on Friday. May not be even part of the course.

I see they opened an original trail from '99 for the course.

I think they would have to keep rock Garten in its a staple of every us open.

They opened up a new gnar rock section just to the right of the Asylum rock drop. That's going to be a prime viewing spot.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They opened up a new gnar rock section just to the right of the Asylum rock drop. That's going to be a prime viewing spot.
I actually remember that section they opened from inaugural year creek first opened up. I figured it was a washed out mess.

Ian F

I plan to be there on Sunday to spectate and hopefully get some runs in. Before I know it the first DH race at Blue Mtn will be upon me and I haven't even touched the big bike this year...

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 52410
Who's going!!!

I have been to just about everyone including entering the very first. So glad it's back and to witness the world's best in the Rock Garten with tunes DJ and a ruckus crowd just makes for a great day. To me it's the best and only cycle racing to watch. Well then again Virgin, Utah puts on a damn good show.
This you have time for but no time for DirtFest. OK , I get it.... ;*(

oobaa47

Major props to you Robin.....I couldn't even walk the course in some parts it was so steep......that one part with slick off camber roots is bonkers! Should dry up nicely by tomorrow afternoon......

Top Bottom