US GP Mercer cup

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I will be the only sunburned guy in th c race...

for those who are counting or care.. i rode the San Juan Trail today outside Laguna. Look for a clip on You tube. Today was insane. Day 6 of riding in 80+ degree weather. Rode with 2 guys from the RADS bike club in Laguna for the last 2 days. (These guys regularly ride with Hans Rey and Brian Lopes)..

Rode many secret trails and carried my bike up and don't many Mountains. F'n out of sight week. Waves too!

also passed my all time count for wine consumption in a weeks time.

j

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Saturday works a lot better for me, so I'm in that day for the B's.

Wahoo.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
The Cup

Tommy and I will be racing both days, he is entered in the Masters 45+ and I'll be in the Women's Cat 3/4, see ya'll there!

RC ... :)

CrossAddict

Switch !

I was registered for the b-mens group @ 9:30, then today I decided to contact the event and have them switch me into the Masters Elite group @ 12:30 :) mmmmm Sleep. ;)

-rf

BiknBen

For those on the fence or just considering spectating...This event is a pretty big deal. The pros will be in town because it is a two-day UCI race. A number of vendors set up tents and sell stuff. I picked up some Craft base layers on the cheap last year. Craft is a sponsor again so I would expect the same or more.

Specialized was everywhere because Knapps is now a Spec. Concept store.

There were a couple other vendors selling old stock items. It had a Velo-Swap or Festival kinda atmosphere.

Music, food, BEER, etc.

Saturday's weather looks bad. That means the racing will be Awesome!!!! ;)

ArmyOfNone

Yes! For those who have yet to make it to a race and still are itching to know what the madness is all about...THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!

Wobbegong

For those on the fence or just considering spectating...This event is a pretty big deal. The pros will be in town because it is a two-day UCI race. A number of vendors set up tents and sell stuff. I picked up some Craft base layers on the cheap last year. Craft is a sponsor again so I would expect the same or more.

Specialized was everywhere because Knapps is now a Spec. Concept store.

There were a couple other vendors selling old stock items. It had a Velo-Swap or Festival kinda atmosphere.

Music, food, BEER, etc.

Saturday's weather looks bad. That means the racing will be Awesome!!!! ;)

This race is great for spectators because the course is so tight. You can see so much going on within a small area. Watching the pros hit the sand pit is worth the trip. It was so much fun last year watching them fly all over the place.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I rode over to Mercer at lunch today and they were starting to set up the course. I also found out that I might have to miss the pro races both days :mad: but hopefully I can get over to watch the cat 1/2 on saturday. with the rain tomorrow, it should be what Ben said.

+1 on the craft tent, I got a deal on a base layer and socks last year. do not miss it!

mfennell

Damn, damn, damn. Pre-registration closed an HOUR ago. Two and a half days before the event? WTF?

There are 98 riders pre-reg'd for cat 4. *beats head against desk* Will they cap it at 100?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Damn, damn, damn. Pre-registration closed an HOUR ago. Two and a half days before the event? WTF?

There are 98 riders pre-reg'd for cat 4. *beats head against desk* Will they cap it at 100?

You'll be fine day-of. Caps are usually 125 or so but they're not gonna turn anyone down, they have TONS of loot to pay out to the big dogs:D Tom was saying at HPCX they needed about 500 more racers to show up to break even. SO GO!! And those not racing, it's tons of fun!! Not only do you get to watch great racing and buy stuff from great vendors, you get to be within inches of the top CX pros!! Where else are you gonna be able to shoot-the-shit with Trebon, Powers, or current national champ Tim Johnson? Not to mention all the big dog XC guys as well like Adam Craig or Todd Wells, Chris Horner even raced last year for christ sake!!

-Jim.

THATmanMANNY

Mulch pit, 3 sand pits in a row, one high fly over, twisty turns, sale tents, demo bikes.... I'll be there one of those days to ride the course for shits and giggles :D, watch, demo, and spend some caasssh mooneeeey

Briefly considered racing the Mary SS, but what SS gearing would be most appropriate for a race terrain like this? My front ring is 32T right now i think.

Top Bottom