Update Trail Directory

theranch

So we should steer people from our community to a competitor? sounds like a solid plan.
How is Trailforks.com a competitor? JORBA (me) uses trailforks for listing trails and updating trail conditions. MTBNJ doesn't provide updated info and I'm offering a solution.

gtluke

The Moped
How is Trailforks.com a competitor? JORBA (me) uses trailforks for listing trails and updating trail conditions. MTBNJ doesn't provide updated info and I'm offering a solution.
do you really think that pinkbike is not an mtbnj competitor?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Can you make it like the Singletracks one? It's connected to Strava and after you upload a ride they send an email to click on current trail conditions. It's pretty awesome and draws from a big enough data pool that it's pretty spot on.

theranch

Can you make it like the Singletracks one? It's connected to Strava and after you upload a ride they send an email to click on current trail conditions. It's pretty awesome and draws from a big enough data pool that it's pretty spot on.
Make what like Singletracks? I know that Trailforks does this already. If you do a ride and track it using Strava, you will receive an email asking you to provide a trail report for trails that you rode.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm talking about trailforks and not pinkbike directly. An no, pinkbike is worldwide not NJ specific like this site.

There are plenty of regional groups that use PB or MTBR as their go-to forum instead of their own regional one. I counted 6 PB mentions on the TF home page in about 5 seconds.

theranch

There are plenty of regional groups that use PB or MTBR as their go-to forum instead of their own regional one. I counted 6 PB mentions on the TF home page in about 5 seconds.
Missing the point. I'm asking the moderators for a better display of trails in NJ vs the current Trail Directory linked on this site.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Make what like Singletracks? I know that Trailforks does this already. If you do a ride and track it using Strava, you will receive an email asking you to provide a trail report for trails that you rode.

It does? Sweet!!

Down in your hood needs some updating in particular. I was in AC over the weekend and the only place I could find here was Wharton.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Missing the point. I'm asking the moderators for a better display of trails in NJ vs the current Trail Directory linked on this site.

And we explained why it won't happen. You do not seem to agree with the position or any of the explanations. Can't help you with that.

theranch

Also... to compare. Singletracks only lists 106 trails in NJ. Whereas Trailforks lists 773. Let's use the best option for people to find information.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Ok can you explain this more. I use Strava. So how do I get it to ask me what the conditions were? I would like to explore this more.

theranch

Ok can you explain this more. I use Strava. So how do I get it to ask me what the conditions were? I would like to explore this more.
Norm, you don't use Strava for this option. You link your strava account to your trailforks account. Then, when you do a ride and track it in Strava, you will then get an alert to offer a trail report for the trails that you rode. Subsequently, during your ride, should you come to a trail that needs work or has an issue (tree down) you can open the trail forks app (if you have it) and snap a photo and post a trail report on the spot. Most times, the trail forks app will recognize what trail you are on at the time of the report and pull up that trail for you to report on.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm, you don't use Strava for this option. You link your strava account to your trailforks account. Then, when you do a ride and track it in Strava, you will then get an alert to offer a trail report for the trails that you rode. Subsequently, during your ride, should you come to a trail that needs work or has an issue (tree down) you can open the trail forks app (if you have it) and snap a photo and post a trail report on the spot. Most times, the trail forks app will recognize what trail you are on at the time of the report and pull up that trail for you to report on.

Ok that is pretty awesome, I have to say.

gtluke

The Moped
Sorry, I'm not seeing solutions or explanations from admins in this thread.
you're asking me to redirect our users from mtbnj to pinkbike and you think it's weird that we are suggesting that it's a bad idea?
It's like amazon hosting links for ebay, for free even.
I'm not interested in censoring or hiding the fact that competing websites exist, but steering our users TO it at our cost seems a bit ridiculous for you to not understand.

theranch

you're asking me to redirect our users from mtbnj to pinkbike and you think it's weird that we are suggesting that it's a bad idea?
It's like amazon hosting links for ebay, for free even.
I'm not interested in censoring or hiding the fact that competing websites exist, but steering our users TO it at our cost seems a bit ridiculous for you to not understand.
Nope. You can embed trailforks in this site. https://www.trailforks.com/widgets/config/region_map/?rid=6563

Top Bottom