Upcoming Work dates: new Green Trail

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
As reported in this thread…

….lots of good stuff planned for Lew Mo, starting this year with a new Green Trail and a reroute of the old Gilligan’s trail.

I’ll also update this through the JORBA channels but wanted to get the word out that the next trail dates for the Green Trail will be held this Thursday (6/10) through Sunday. Americorp volunteers will be there and other volunteers are welcome. If you can make it, meet at Doe Meadow parking lot in Lew Mo at 8:30 AM. Trail dates go to 5:00 PM. You can stay all day or whatever part of the day you can manage. I will not be able to make it but am hoping it works for some of you.

According to the trails director:
  • bring your own water, food and wear sturdy shoes.
  • Bring digging tools if you have them. If you don’t they can be provided by the park if they know in advance who can make which dates. (Email Amy at Alutsko@morrisparks.net if this is the case)

thanks all!

stilluf

Can you let us know when this is posted through JORBA? I have friends not on this site who ride LM regularly and are interested in giving back. Thanks again for your hard work and advocacy!!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why not park at Sunrise Lake? Not exactly a short walk, especially on the way back…
6ADA38AC-9D61-4551-9305-DF13AE56C3C1.jpeg

I am going to try to make it for a couple hours

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Yes Doe Meadow lot is as per @MissJR @roc and @MadisonDan’s posts. As for Trailwork my understanding is that the work will be a reroute of the green Trail, which currently straddles Doe Meadow and heads downhill toward the pavilion. They’ve already flagged a portion of it.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes Doe Meadow lot is as per @MissJR @roc and @MadisonDan’s posts. As for Trailwork my understanding is that the work will be a reroute of the green Trail, which currently straddles Doe Meadow and heads downhill toward the pavilion. They’ve already flagged a portion of it.
Ah... ok.. I just looked at the map on the JORBA link and saw the dotted line and automatically thought that was where the work is. All makes sense now...

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So I just went over to volunteer and they aren’t excepting volunteers today they said Saturday and Sunday only I spoke to some guy named Kevin

Also must wear Jeans or Work pants

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions