unpopular favorites at Allamuchy?

Rob Munro

I like exploring but I don't get to Allamuchy as often as I'd like. So, I hesitate to roll the dice on a random, "unpopular" trail and mess up one of my few precious visits. Any of the less popular trails on trailforks you guys really love?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like exploring but I don't get to Allamuchy as often as I'd like. So, I hesitate to roll the dice on a random, "unpopular" trail and mess up one of my few precious visits. Any of the less popular trails on trailforks you guys really love?
I've revisted yellow trail again now that I'm on ebike. It definitely was my least favorite trail when I was a rigid SS but now has become my favorite challenge trail especially from earthworm into red then blue. I'm enjoying mooch so much more again with the extra ooofff.

Rob Munro

I've revisted yellow trail again now that I'm on ebike. It definitely was my least favorite trail when I was a rigid SS but now has become my favorite challenge trail especially from earthworm into red then blue. I'm enjoying mooch so much more again with the extra ooofff.
thanks! this is the kind of off-beat stuff I was curious about. do you ride yellow in the direction suggested by Trailforks, start off Waterloo and ride South East?

ever try Ranger Loop (Red)?

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks! this is the kind of off-beat stuff I was curious about. do you ride yellow in the direction suggested by Trailforks, start off Waterloo and ride South East?

Yes I include ranger. I pick up yellow from earthworm so opposite direction. Really either way is pretty brutal.

xc62701

Yellow counterclockwise is best for flow. Clockwise for techy climbing.

jackx

Yellow counterclockwise is best for flow. Clockwise for techy climbing.
I've done this clock-wise many times and it is definitely quite "climby". Not sure I ever did it counter clock-wise, so I will have to try that. Thanks for the recommendation!

goldsbar

If you're going strictly by unpopular based on TFs, then see the below (Allamuchy North popular, hahaha). It includes the part of the red Ranger loop that has some of the best old school tech riding in the park and another trail that has some slickrock. Leads you almost right to Lumpy Bumpy. You're not going to hit everything unless you spend 5 hours. If you opt for Candy, you'll miss the fast downhill of purple to orange. Lots of decisions like that. Lumpy, Candy and Rolly have the best "features" tech. Earthworm or the purple to orange are the best fast downhills IMO.

1656330784007.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions