Unfortunately, I just gained a lot of time to learn how to ride a MTB

I got into into bike riding in 1997 after being off the bike for about 20 years. The thing that brought me back was participating in 200+ mile charity rides, first the Boston -> NY AIDS rides and, for the last 14 years, the YSC Tour de Pink benefiting young breast cancer survivors (www.ysctourdepink.org). Unfortunately, the Tour de Pinks -- one in California and one here -- were cancelled yesterday. Predictions of a Covid resurgence in the fall plus the fact that many riders and attendees are recent cancer survivors and/or still in treatment made holding the events simply a bad idea.

I share here because without having to train for it I will be able to spend more time on my new MTB hobby and because as current events permit I hope to be riding with people I meet here. This of course isn't a bad thing.

But riding in the TdP had become one of the consistent highlights of my year. It's great to be of service to these people and I'm sure the YSC will miss the necessary fundraising as much as I'll miss the ride.

Back
Top Bottom