Under Armor Cold Gear

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
This is sorta a product review and also request for feedback.

I have under armor shirts and pants and am always surprised at how warm they keep you. Amazing fabric. Thin, but on most cold days (will say from 32 to 40 degrees) all I need is an UA base layer and a wool sweater and I am comfortable. I have even ridden in colder than 32 and been fine with just those 2 layers as long as there is no wind and I can keep moving and not stop.

the UA I have now has a smooth outside and soft inside (almost short plushy feel).

I recently received a new UA shirt that is part of their cold gear "infrared" line. I was surprised that it is smooth on the inside without that soft feel. The inside also has a shimmery pattern to it that the outside does not have.

Have any of you tried this "new" infrared UA stuff? How does it compare to the "older" stuff? Better? worse?

I will also update this with my own experience once I have a chance to try it out, but was looking for other experiences...just so I dont get caught out in the cold without enough layers :eek:

Thanks

MikeP

I've used UA cold gear to snowboard the last 3 winters. The warmth and compression keeps me warm and my leg muscles feeling good all day. Believe the hype

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have an older UA layer that I have used for the past 4 years that fit the bill for the coldest days of the year....

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
well...the "infrared" shirt is good, but no where near as warm as my other UA shirts. Just an fyi for anyone who may buy one.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Never tried the new stuff but I wear UA through out the winter. UA shirt and summer jersey usually does the trick all the way into the 20's. I will throw a pair of arm warmers over it if I'm on the road.

mandi

I haven't tried any of the new fancy stuff, I just stick with the UA Coldgear long sleeve. That's the most I wear in the woods, or even on the road with a wind vest.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I don't think I ever actually rode like that. I wouldn't be able to breathe. Knowing me I Prolly put the face part up for the picture.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
But that UA head thing is good on cold ass days. Like I said it's a little hard to breathe when it's up over the face and is a tad tight around the neck at first but it does keep the covered areas (ears and back of the neck) warm.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
My question is how does someone reject popular jock culture if you are wearing under armor? It is on thing if you can't see it, but using it as arm warmers? We are riding bikes, not dressing up for some winter pick-up basketball.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My question is how does someone reject popular jock culture if you are wearing under armor? It is on thing if you can't see it, but using it as arm warmers? We are riding bikes, not dressing up for some winter pick-up basketball.

which is why we wear black tights with pink ribbons!

Top Bottom